Chain Stores Like Banana, Zara, J Crew

I pretty much agree with what people are saying. There's absolutely no shame in shopping chains. I go to BR for basics, stretchy tees specifically. I've done Old Navy for tees, shorts, ultra-cheapo sun hats, even shopped their boy's section for cargo pants. I frequent Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters and Club Monaco for trendier things that I don't want to spend that much on. You'd be surprised what you can find at places like those.

We don't have Zara or H&M over here but I've dropped by the stores when in the East Coast.

Originally posted by Elle Glamour@Sep 3rd, 2003 - 4:00 pm
. There will always need to be the Old Navys or American Eagles, IMO.
American Eagle is much more expensive than Old Navy. I can never ever find anything at old navy. It is more of a warehouse than a store. Old Navy clothing is not "tailored". Nothing ever fits. At least with American Eagle, their clothing are more flattering instead of frumpy. American Eagle clothing is not bad at all. I would not dress head to toe in AE, or wear a shirt that says AE across the chest. But, they do have some great stuff. :smile: All chain stores can be annoying when people are just buying the products there that have their names printed on. :wacko:

yep! why would u buy a designer tee that looks exactly like one at old navy? theres no shame in buying cheap clothes as long as they look good :winkiss:

I buy some deisgenr basics, like t shirts or whatever, becuas they do feel better they do look better na dthe do last longer.

loooooooooove CHAIN STORES. :heart:
i mix and match with my designer pieces.
my fave stops are H&M - TOPSHOP - ZARA - and sometimes MANGO
the 2 first being my favourites!!!!!
IMO, there is nothing worse then dressing designer from head to toe :cry:

I miss C&A, but use Top Shop, Etam, Warehouse etc. for 'anonymous' pieces which I mix with more unusual things. I wouldn't wear chain store head to foot as one of my nightmares is seeing someone else dressed the same as me.

Originally posted by Feline@Sep 11th, 2003 - 5:35 am
I wouldn't wear chain store head to foot as one of my nightmares is seeing someone else dressed the same as me.
I know!!! me too :lol:
that's one of my biggest "style" fears

I mix vintage, own designs, new designers and Zara.
I've tried to shop at H&M, Gap even Mango but i never
found things something for me there, so i gave up.
Sometimes I enter their shops for my job, i have to know
what's hot so their basic trends are usually on the point.
oh and i always get M&S highleg panties :blush:

Like others here (spacemiu etc)
I strongly oppose the global village politics of the universal
chain stores, but on the other hand :doh: I cannot spent $$$$
on a simple skirt or a little t-shirt.

Only thing that annoys me -as a Zara client- is that
their clothes are sooo easily detectable, and everybody
is wearing them.
Still, they are fun and not always bad made.
At their price, hmmm what can you expect, everyone
buys Zara here.

ditto on mix & match:
I never get anything from Old Navy though becasue nothing ever fits, there small t's look so huge.
I like AE, it's one of the better chain-stores, just don't go overboard. Other stores like J. Crew or banana Republic are good for basics, I get some shirts there. I'll usually get jeans at abercrombie. & ditto on the brand name everywhere

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 11th, 2003 - 11:54 am
Only thing that annoys me -as a Zara client- is that
their clothes are sooo easily detectable, and everybody
is wearing them.
that is my one fear concern when buying clothes at places like Zara, topshop, etc. "detectable" is such a good word. but a little mix and match never hurt anybody either.

:blush: just got a cool wide cordroy knee skirt from H&M, in grafite (dark dark gray and cross grain) for :shock: 14 euros, that i know i will wear to death whenever fall decides to visit my part of the sunny woods.

their herringbone knee skirt in brown and cream was also very cute and much needed but soooo very bad made (zipper had a disaster fit plus sizes were real huge to fit, i had to go down two :lol: )

I like shopping specially in BR for pants and some tops. I'd occassionally buy designer like D&G and Prada but only if it is on sale in a shop like Copelands which have mixture of designers.

theres nothing wrong at all with chain stores, i get my basics from gap like tanks and tees, maybe a jean skirt here and there however gap jeans do NOT fit me well . Banana Republic clothing are also ill fitting. J crew can be overpriced at times and i cannot stand the Limited or Express. Tacky. Old Navy has no apeal. But like i said those stores are great for picking up a quick sweater or tee!

Oh, i do like Club Monaco, they have the best quality and the best fit. (there is no Zara or H&M in north california)

old navy, gap, banana republic are all owned by the same company..

I love shopping at chain stores . . . Right now H and M is my fave. Love the fact that its cheap, has nice, cute clothes, and it's not found all over the US. I know the quality isn't top notch, but somehow what I really enjoy is going up to the register and having 10 items not costing more than $100 :blush: Plus, I don't have to worry about seeing 10 other people wearing the same shirt as me :P .

I do agree with what has been said here. ChainStores are good for certain basic items as some of you mentioned :smile: I don't shop at GAP but i've been looking at their stuff for a while , is it any good ?!?! I got good deals before at ChainStores in fact i got DKNY jeans this w-e at a cheap price and ended up saving about 40$ on the retail price at a DKNY boutique.

I love to shop @ Club monaco , Guess , Diesel... And all this Zara talk reminds me that they just opened a downtown location here :wink: I should check it out sometime you folks do seem to like it.

I shop anywhere. wherever my feet and my credit cards take me :lol:

Im an equal opportunity shopper :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by alexs@Oct 19th, 2003 - 10:49 am

I love to shop @ Club monaco , Guess , Diesel... And all this Zara talk reminds me that they just opened a downtown location here :wink: I should check it out sometime you folks do seem to like it.
well, Diesel and DKNY are not really chain stores, they're brands which have a mass appeal. then Prada & LV are also chain stores, just very expensive! :lol: the way i understand it, real chain stores are those which built their names because they distribute their stuff globally, and in any store you'll go to you'll see absolutely the same merchandise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arielmarison
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->