Chanel 'Bleu de Chanel' Fragrance 2023 : Timothée Chalamet by Mario Sorrenti

I couldn't put my finger on it until I realised that the blue lighting reminds me of both Silence of the Lambs and an early 90s perfume campaign, like White Diamond. Especially those behind the scenes shots. Looking like he's ready to tuck into a bowl of fava beans.

don't get the hate for TC.

He's damn fine – one of the best actors of his generation. he seems down-to-earth, is funny, polite, has a fancy memorable individual look that is way more impressive than most of his pears.

Chanel Blue was maybe not the perfect fit for him, but for sure the most lucrative you can get as a male celebrity at the moment.

looks like 1980s ELLE. So boring and commercial...

After almost a year, the full commercial directed by Martin Scorsese has been released:

ouf - that were 90 annoying seconds to watch

I agree with all the comments, this ad is cringey. Timotheé is a good-looking guy but there's something so teenage about him and his persona.

Gaspard Ulliel's (RIP) ads oozed youthful masculinity, whereas Timotheé comes across like a boy living out his teenage fantasy.
Also, other than his name, Scorsese didn't bring much to this.

And why did they wait a whole year to release the commercial? The hype's long gone.

Great for the teenagers who are now supposed to be the ones most interested in overpriced perfumes.

Chanel is coasting on an image that's been carefully built up over decades - their stuff will continue to sell itself for a long time, but every bit of idiocy slowly adds to that "death by a thousand cuts" which is coming down the line, if they continue like this.

CRINGGGGGEEEEEEEE.

Also, didn't Gucci do the whole Late Night Show thing with Harry Styles and James Corden a few years back? It's giving me deja vu....

The ad and the commercial are not that interesting to me.

What will be interesting is how the collaboration will stand the test of time for both Chanel’s best selling fragrances : Coco Mademoiselle and Bleu.

It will be interesting to see those celebrities in 5 years, when they have build more character in a way.
It’s a bet.

The music is a bit annoying compared to the Follow Me of Amanda Lear.

I dont understand the appeal of this man so it is a no for me.

I wish they had someone like Tahar Rahim tbh.

Gorgeous. Love the ad and the blue photos. Timothée is charming.

I dont understand the appeal of this man so it is a no for me.

I wish they had someone like Tahar Rahim tbh.
A black woman for Coco Mademoiselle and an Arab man (even though he is my crush) for Bleu would be a little bit too much for sensible social media users…
They should re-push Allure pour Homme lol.

The only fact I like is MS directed the ad, but Chalamet acts so pedant, like he's 45 years old, but he still a Gen Z dude.

A black woman for Coco Mademoiselle and an Arab man (even though he is my crush) for Bleu would be a little bit too much for sensible social media users…
They should re-push Allure pour Homme lol.
Do you think they'll keep her as the face of Coco Mademoiselle, though? Gossip Girl bombed, and I feel she doesn't fit the brand or the perfume at all. There are other black actresses, like Taylor Russell (if Loewe wasn't gatekeeping her, of course), who would fit better.

As much as this ad is absolutely terrible, Chalamet's Hollywood reign is barely starting. Even though he is a poor replacement for Gaspard Ulliel in terms of allure and charisma, he is an amazing catch to be the face of their most popular male perfume.

I feel like they need someone with more impact for Coco Mademoiselle, which is their best seller. I am still surprised they chose her; I don't even remember her name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloome
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->