Chanel Haute Couture F/W 2021.22 Paris

Oh, so Virginie gave up trying to find her own voice and tried to be Karl once again. In terms of aesthetic it's a major step backwards. They really tried to achieve the style of Karl, but it's done in a really ugly way. Some looks are hilarious and should have been edited out, such as Vittoria's or Felice's ones. I mean, they're fun in a wrong way, because instead of laughing with the girls, you'd end up laughing at them for picking those costumes from a cheap movie.

I must say, I like three looks, #22, #23 and #24. They're out of tune with the rest of the collection, but they're unexpectedly good. I'd like to see Virginie taking up that direction instead of, well, trying to be Karl AGAIN and making clothes based on his rejected sketches, because that's the vibe of the show.

Where is the modernity? She had such a great opportunity to push Chanel, or perhaps she didn't since the suits possibly have a say in what she does?, but this is laughable.

Not to mention the casting, which is so lazy. Chanel shows are no longer shows I look forward to, much like Dior, they just happen. Same sh*t, different day.

WTF is this, Virginie might as well just take a dump on the Chanel runway because its the same result as this show.

Some looks are beautiful, some are awful, and overall it has no strong vision, but at the end of the day who really cares? Virginie's clothes sell twice as well as Karl's did, so obviously the CHANEL client does not care much for a signature vision.

The truth is, CHANEL don't need a "star" designer to come in and modernise anything because they're doing better than ever in terms of sales and the clientele is content. An algorithm or robot could design the collections, and the Chanel client would still obsesses over it.

Surprisingly, I don’t hate it that much as I was prepared to.

It’s her most achieved and I think the dressmaking, while terrible is far more superior than before.

But the collection is still bad. Those 80’s like proportions Karl did with those weird colors of Virginie just looks weird.
Overall, it looks like they are all wearing their grandmothers clothes.

Some looks are very RTW! And not even Chanel’s price tag RTW…
And the wedding dress looks like a YSL dress…Which is probably the biggest insult to Karl.

That being said, the three white suits, the suit on Anna sewers are solid! Once fitted to a client’s body, they might look wonderful.

But no celebrity is going to be able to sell it to me.

Some looks are beautiful, some are awful, and overall it has no strong vision, but at the end of the day who really cares? Virginie's clothes sell twice as well as Karl's did, so obviously the CHANEL client does not care much for a signature vision.

The truth is, CHANEL don't need a "star" designer to come in and modernise anything because they're doing better than ever in terms of sales and the clientele is content. An algorithm or robot could design the collections, and the Chanel client would still obsesses over it.

There are some clients who have slightly moved away from Chanel because the anticipation is not there anymore. But you can go to the stores and find a classic black or white jacket and some logo pieces that sells well.
The bags still sells well but I know from a very valuable source that big clients who usually pre-order the major stuff from the collections are more than underwhelmed by her offering.

But they are clever at Chanel. They have an unbeatable customer service anyway. And in Couture, you can pre-order a piece from 10 years ago if you want to so…

Chanel is still Chanel, it just has lost it sparkles. They are holding on to something that I can’t describe.
I saw Charlotte wearing an awful logo dress. Nothing hurts the brand more than that…

To quote the great Mary Quant: these are negative clothes, they do nothing, seem nothing plus they cost a lot of money!

I so want to like this because it reminds me of Karl, and God knows how I miss him, but it's just another poor interpretation of his style. However, as @Frederic01 just said, it sells, so no one cares that is creatively bankrupt and an absolute void of imagination.

When I looked at the collection, I literally thought it was Karl lite. I'm disappointed in Virginie since I thought she would do better this time.

Wow, what a giant disappointment. Only two looks here that look good to me, I don't like the makeup, I don't like the clothing, I dont like the styling at all. They really duped me with the teaser

VOGUE.COM
When are too drunk on party and you stole decoration. The ending is bad parody Dior Couture S/S 1998 but with creepy bride.
iu

pinterest.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eneida
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->