Chanel Haute Couture F/W 2022.23 Paris

MGC and Dior need to lose no sleep if this is what Chanel churns out :rofl:.

The only decent look of this collection is look 24, the velvet single-button suit. And maybe the strapless black dress on Amanda.

The rest is on the border of being atrocious. Half of the collection is so juvenile and the other half is just dowdy and frumpy.
She needs a new stylist, the styling doesn't help the clothes. I don't trust people who advised her that look 6, a green hat with a green jacket worn over a gray jumpsuit is a good look.
Those hair bows and hats are making everything look more questionable.

She has to stop recycling Karl's old silhouettes in the 90s, She only made them look worse.

Not only did she mimic Karl's silhouettes, but she also started to repeat her own ideas. You can also tell that she hasn't found any joy in couture, everything is super serious and super frumpy here. At the same time, it will sell because it's easy to understand. But what's the point of ordering Virginie's garments when you can order archival designs? At least they didn't put a disastrous, 'experimental' makeup on models this time.

She somehow manages to always show the same things but never improving or refining them…this collection is just lazy.

Karl could do the most wonderful and dreamy coats, these poor models look like they were mummified in tweed.

I guess what makes me sad is that there’s no more whimsical magic at Chanel. I don’t expect Virginie to be a showman the way Karl was, but would it kill her to experiment more, at least for couture? Everything is so straightforward and boring.

The opeing BV green suit hurts my eye! Now Virginie is following the trend, not setting trend like the way Karl was...it is sad.

Surprisingly dull and flavorless, even for her.

Some of it is nice enough, but I don't see much to woo and seduce the couture customer here.

It's quite boring and there is no direction.

It's an ok collection with some very lovely pieces throughout but forgettable as a whole.

Some of the jackets are dumpy and frumpy in their execution. I think Virginie's Chanel woman is supposed to be "more relaxed" it seems but it always just comes across poorly tailored.

Despite it being terrible and ugly, those are probably the best dresses she has made yet. They are very Karl, probably using some his sketches or patterns (he loved his paneled hems).

This is so boring and sad. And this has nothing to do with it being classic. Armani is Classic, Ralph Rucci is classic but it’s stunning, desirable and aspirational.

Chanel herself was maybe classic but she pushed herself in her lane. I’ll take Chanel HC spring 1970 over this!

A tad too heavy as always but i did enjoy the show mostly due to the music and location.

The Wertheimers could replace her easily just using an algorithm to create the collections. The only difference would be that no one would appear at the end of the show to say "hi!".

The bridal dress is simply ridiculous, with that little bow over the head...it looks like they tried to recreate the drawing of a bridal dress made by a 6 y.o. child.

Also...why Virginie is always dressed like she was out for a moment, to get something at the nearest supermarket?? She is the head designer at Chanel...darling, wear something better than that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->