Chanel Haute Couture F/W 2022.23 Paris

After seeing their fall Act I collection I actually think the Couture collection is not THAT bad (rolling eyes).
https://www.chanel.com/us/fashion/ready-to-wear/l/1x1x9/the-looks/

:shock:
It’s funny my SA send to me some pictures of the early arrival and for once I wasn’t appalled.
After looking at the whole collection, it’s definitely her best yet even if it’s quite terrible. I just can’t with logos on clothing…Even more with Virginie. She puts them in an uninspired way…
I got my eyes on three pieces but I’ll wait to see them IRL because with the quality of design being so low, I need to inspect them.

‘Virginie was responsible for these collections under Karl. It’s weird but it’s still the best thing she does. Her proposition is complementary for me but doesn’t work for the big stage.

It’s funny my SA send to me some pictures of the early arrival and for once I wasn’t appalled.
After looking at the whole collection, it’s definitely her best yet even if it’s quite terrible. I just can’t with logos on clothing…Even more with Virginie. She puts them in an uninspired way…
I got my eyes on three pieces but I’ll wait to see them IRL because with the quality of design being so low, I need to inspect them.

‘Virginie was responsible for these collections under Karl. It’s weird but it’s still the best thing she does. Her proposition is complementary for me but doesn’t work for the big stage.

I feel that the price/quality ratio for the pre-collections the highest. but certain clientele really dig the logo pieces, I think. There are lots of low-effort pieces in this collection (vs. the Act I for spring) as if their tweed design team is gone for vacation and they only had a couple of fabrics to work with...

Styling wise, it could have come straight out of a Seinfeld set :wink:

Tj2wYanT_t.jpg
via vogue rumway

This black jacket is €58000. The starting price of jacket from Couture is €45000 now.

This black jacket is €58000. The starting price of jacket from Couture is €45000 now.

Seems expensive if you compare to ready-to-wear but also quite reasonable for a completely embroidered piece at Haute Couture, no? Do you happen to have the prices for a classic tweed jacket or coat from the collection for example?

IMG_5540.JPG
VOGUE RUNWAY

Tj2wYanT_t.jpg
via vogue rumway

Change the model to a young Anita Pallenberg look-a-like and any shoes from his Celine or Saint Laurent tenure and this wouldn't be far off from where Hedi Slimane stands in terms of womenswear today, either...

Seems expensive if you compare to ready-to-wear but also quite reasonable for a completely embroidered piece at Haute Couture, no? Do you happen to have the prices for a classic tweed jacket or coat from the collection for example?

View attachment 1211025
VOGUE RUNWAY
I tend to agree.
Nowadays, a classic tweed jacket with nice fabric (not Lesage braided fabric) including trims is around $7k or so. With free alterations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
numenah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->