Chanel Haute Couture S/S 05 Paris

This collection is classy and wonderful. Thanks for posting all the HQ MagFan! :smile:

i'm probably just being old, but i prefer this over some of the current seasons. imo Chanel used to be better when Karl wasn't revisiting the 80s and 90s...

^^I agree. 2005-2007 was a REALLY good time for Chanel. My favorite years for the house, in fact.

Karl's work was so strong at this time and the aesthetic was so fresh, so clean, so appealing and truly beautiful. I loved how pristine, mod-ish, slim and leggy and gamine everything was…from the styling, to the hair and make up, the casting, etc. And this era, too, was great in the sense that the sets and production value of the shows only enhanced, instead of distracting, from the collection and the concept of the clothes - unlike Chanel of today where really the attention is on the set and the Instagram-bait of the front row.

^^I agree. 2005-2007 was a REALLY good time for Chanel. My favorite years for the house, in fact.

Karl's work was so strong at this time and the aesthetic was so fresh, so clean, so appealing and truly beautiful. I loved how pristine, mod-ish, slim and leggy and gamine everything was…from the styling, to the hair and make up, the casting, etc. And this era, too, was great in the sense that the sets and production value of the shows only enhanced, instead of distracting, from the collection and the concept of the clothes - unlike Chanel of today where really the attention is on the set and the Instagram-bait of the front row.

I would say 2001-2008. Spring & Fall couture 2001 and fall couture 2006 were IMO some of the best collections EVER.

I still love Chanel today but we can't deny that he did some wonderful things. It's always funny to see the comments in that era. People were complaining about the fact that it was the same old thing everytime when in fact, he has always managed to make distinctive collections.
Chanel today represents the signs of the time. People don't care that much about fashion but more about the spectacle around it.

His Precollections and his Couture are still perfect but they don't have all the "effects" of the main collections..

Indeed, the Chanel of a decade ago was so chic and crisp. Nowadays I'm shocked whenever Karl manages to send something out for the house that looks flattering and is actually desirable (i.e. much of Pre-Fall 2016).

2004-2006 was my absolute time period for Chanel. I remember when Karl actually used to try when doing his couture collections. Spring 2006 couture was breathtaking..

remember his collection with all the denim? or summer 06 RTW, with the big flower dresses and sandals (and Daria's campaign in LA).

clean and breathtaking.

^ It Was SS 06 with the last dress worn by Gemma (my fave ever!) :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blipster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->