Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2013 Paris

No doubt there was extraordinary work behind all these clothes but result doesn´t impress me at all....

Really love the whole collection so much, very Chanel, lol ..

I dont get the point of last final 2 same dresses ?!

some pieces are missing here... anyway the show set is magnificent as always

Some parts are really good, especially the first part, but the last feather looks are an abomination. Who wants to look like a Haute Hen?

As usual, half of it is good or not too bad and the other half is horrendous. I liked the beginning of the show with those boxy elements on the jackets and dresses, but then he started using flowers and the result was truly awful.

this is confusing. there are some amazing, amazing dresses here (especially in the day wear) and there the collection dwells into super ugly here and there.

The missing looks (looks 36-49:(
style.com

Attachments

• 0.JPG
    0.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
same source

Attachments

• 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 11
style

Attachments

• 99.JPG
    99.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 999.JPG
    999.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 9999.JPG
    9999.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 99999.JPG
    99999.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 13
It's okay, it just looks like his past few collection mixed with the color palette of spring 2010. I am seriously in love with those feathered high-low finale pieces, but now much else impresses me. Karl needs to mix things up or go back to what he was doing back in 2005-2007, cause even though those years were also somewhat repetitive, I still liked what he was doing back then more than what he's been doing these past few years.

LAGERFELD SUPPORTS GAY MARRIAGE IN LESBIAN COUTURE

Associated Press

Chanel's veteran couturier Karl Lagerfeld has used fashion to support a controversial French gay marriage law — sending two brides together down the catwalk.

Two models donned couture bridal gowns to cap Paris' Grand Palais fashion show, accompanied by Lagerfeld's young nephew.

"I don't even understand the debate. Since 1904 (in France) the church and state have been separate," Lagerfeld said after Tuesday's show.

The German-born designer also hit out against the "intolerance" of religion.

"If (those against) want a sacred religious union, (they can) in the church, temple, cathedral, synagogue or mosque."

However, Lagerfeld said he was opposed to gay couples being allowed to adopt children.

French President François Hollande is meeting with opponents of the proposed law on Friday.

ap.org

Go, Karl!!!!

The white evening gowns are pretty, so are the black&white ones. But lol to the flower prints. So tacky.

i really quite like it. it's certainly a lot better than his more recent couture collections. it gives off the vibe his couture collections would give back in the early 00's

I feel like it's the same silhouette as his other collections, just different variations on the flower fabric. The tweeds can be recycled from last season to the next one without much changes. However, some pieces, separately, are quite beautiful and wearable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blipster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->