Versace-Couture-SS14-Paris-2169-1390167195-zoom.jpg

Versace-Couture-SS14-Paris-2174-1390167207-zoom.jpg

:flower:

nowfashion.com

Sorry I forgot these 2

Versace-Couture-SS14-Paris-2123-1390167090-zoom.jpg

Versace-Couture-SS14-Paris-2131-1390167101-zoom.jpg

nowfashion.com

Other than a few questionable pieces, most of this is gorgeous!

nothing about this is new or exciting. In fact the only looks that get any reaction from me are the ones on Zuzanna, Andreea, Juliana, Irina N., and Maria B.

I love almost everything! And this is way better than her past two couture collections.

I see a lot from HC 2004 but now it´s new, Different, better. The Gowns are to die for, especially at the end and with the stolas. I see already a lot of celebs wearing it. Next Stop Grammys- shorter dresses and Oscars- longer gowns.
in all i luv it.

Ever since Donatella started doing runway shows for her Atelier Versace the work has gone down in quality. Now the runway collections look tackier and stale, there's only 3 or so pieces in every collection that are real knock outs. Her presentation pieces were stellar.

I think this is her best Atelier outing from the past couple of seasons. Love the Grace Jones vibe that's going on. Good start of the week as far as I'm concerned.

Marine & Maria killed it! I love the gowns in this collection. Reminds me of SS12. I'm not a fan of the fluoro yellow, but I've always found that colour cheapens a look.

HATE IT. Had I not known it's Versace, I would've thought it's Zuhair Murad/Naeem Khan/Reem Acra or any one from a number of those cheap, second rate glamor designers. I know Versace covers similar grounds, but it still needs to be hip, chic and fresh. These looks all feel very heavy and stale, and look incredibly cheap and vulgar.

Looking at these in HQ just shows me how badly made some of the pieces are. Most of the light fabrics look tortured around the bodice and some dresses are incredibly ill-fitting.

you know what, on the one hand- i do agree that this shows improvement of from past atelier showings. but the HQ images do show a certain lacking element in construction, and details. but! i will say that images don't always reveal quality of clothes.

i think the inspiration of grace jones, if that's true- is done very well. and i love the model who closed; anyone able to ID her?

you know what, on the one hand- i do agree that this shows improvement of from past atelier showings. but the HQ images do show a certain lacking element in construction, and details. but! i will say that images don't always reveal quality of clothes.

i think the inspiration of grace jones, if that's true- is done very well. and i love the model who closed; anyone able to ID her?

Closing model is Maria Borges, fantastic and bold choice.

I have a love hate relationship with this collection. I love it because it reminds me of costumes from a science fiction movie, hate it because when I look at the details it looses that kooky weirdness that drew me to it. I do like the addition of hoods/cowls to the gowns and the way some of the embellishments look like armor - the Grace Jones influence is especially prevalent in those pieces.

Coincidentally, somebody I followed on tumblr reblogged like 50 pictures of Grace Jones just hours before the show :lol:. There's one pic of her wearing a gown with very similar decorating motives like the last look.

I don't think this is very good, but it's nice overall. The fluid like fabric is very beautiful, but the designs didn't do it justice. The fur are very tacky. I love the mid-length dresses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->