Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2014 Paris

Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2014 Paris

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
the clothes i've seen so far look repetitive but nice, but those hogan-looking monstruosities on the model's feet need to be burned

the clothes are alright but the ghastly shoes and occasional kneepads are shocking
not that i expected much more from chanel….

This is a gorgeous interplanetary marathon-running collection, and I love the smiles the models are pulling.

It does look very repetitive but everything so far looks gorgeous. Simple,elegant and beautiful clothes with a fantastic silhouette.
But wtf are these knee pads?

Okay...Karl and Raf has been talking! Another couture trainers? Brilliant!

The knee and elbows pads are idiotic. The silhouette he used for about 3/4 of this collection is kind of interesting and pretty well done, but how boring is it that there are so many looks that are essentially the same. The color palette is cute, too cute for my taste. I do have a weakness for sneakers being worn with mini dresses and skirts, and with some outfits here the idea works, but with most of them it doesn't. This collection is far from terrible, the number of hideous looks is surprisingly low this time around (I'm still trying to get over Paris-Dallas). So overall I would say this is OK, not groundbreaking or awesome, but not awful either.

knee and elbows pads are really out of blue.

I loved the colors- shades, styling.

needs innovation Chanel.:doh:

The first half is great - if repetitive. Then it takes a sharp nose dive. Then it somewhat recovers all the way in the end with a couple pretty gowns.

except for the hairstyle and confusing sport shoes, this is kind of a nice collection, typical Chanel would be. some of the long dresses are really gorgeous, hope i can see them worn at the Oscar by Diane or some other Chanel girls

Can't wait to see the HQ's and details. From what I can see, I love the silhouettes even if they are repeated. He definitely knows how to dress for a woman's figure. It's hard to see, but the chunky shoes remind me of Chanel Resort 2013, which I was never a big fan of. But the classic looks are definitely better than the disastrous Pre-Fall 2014.
The knee pads are really sporadic, though. I'm not sure why they're there at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is this couture? They all looked like RTW to me. Well maybe some of the beaded dresses. But meh.

I think that's my main issue with this collection; apart from a few looks, it could easily be RTW. It's certainly better than recent collections from Karl but it's nothing incredible..

those roller-skate pads are hilarious, I actually like them but in a trivial way to put in a fashion editorial, can you just imagine the haute couture clients wearing them!
Aside from the shoes, it is a very beautiful collection, I like the soft colour tone the most.

I do have a weakness for sneakers being worn with mini dresses and skirts, and with some outfits here the idea works, but with most of them it doesn't.

I don't flat out hate sneakers with dresses/skirts, it's just that in this particular case we're talking truly hideous sneakers. they just look like ugly hogans. not that all hogans aren't ugly but i mean, even worse. is karl still doing his line for them? might explain a few things :D
And anyway he probably thinks that sneakers with long evening dresses looks edgy, but it just cheapens the looks - some of which are truly beuatiful / elegant. So i don't know, overall styling fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamballe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->