Last edited by a moderator:
YVL_2863.450x675.JPG

YVL_2883.450x675.JPG

YVL_2897.450x675.JPG

YVL_2912.450x675.JPG

YVL_2929.450x675.JPG

YVL_2943.450x675.JPG

YVL_2954.450x675.JPG

source for this post and the one before: style.com (admin will you please add the citation in the first post?)

Last edited by a moderator:
All in all I love the collection! It's wearable, chic, with touches of toughness and glam rock while still holding true to her identity of wearable elegance with flawless construction.

I just adore this woman and her collections, the fact that it is wearable and adheres to the true essence of couture leaves me to believe the eponymous house can do no wrong...ok, ok so maybe I'm just a tiny bit biased.

Completely in love with this. The fabrics look like a dream.

Absolutely beautiful, wearable haute couture.
I'm so glad to see her playing a bit more, what with those exquisite feather embellished pieces.
And whoever is sewing her satin gowns needs to be hired at the Dior Atelier ASAP.

i hate to say this but personally i think bouchra was the real master behind balenciaga….after she departed to go to lacroix(soon before he stopped) that's when balenciaga really started to take a real nosedive,in my view. and i don't think she got enough credit for her skill or her input in the direction the house took. i mean just look at her cutting…it is rare to see that sort of crisp mastery outside antwerp. criminally underrated she is.

i hate to say this but personally i think bouchra was the real master behind balenciaga….after she departed to go to lacroix(soon before he stopped) that's when balenciaga really started to take a real nosedive,in my view. and i don't think she got enough credit for her skill or her input in the direction the house took. i mean just look at her cutting…it is rare to see that sort of crisp mastery outside antwerp. criminally underrated she is.

True, you can see this especially in the cut of her trousers, which look very much like those from Balenciaga's most glorious days - She really made herself a niche returning to those bum-flattering, slimming pants.

Not sure how much I enjoy this collection otherwise. I commend to the fact that she remains consistent in her vision, but I don't see her successfully adding much to her existing repertoire in a while. The feather work on those vests and jackets seems a bit contrived and the evening wear falls a bit flat on the minimalistic side. Her daywear separates remain the focal point of her oeuvre.

True, you can see this especially in the cut of her trousers, which look very much like those from Balenciaga's most glorious days - She really made herself a niche returning to those bum-flattering, slimming pants.

Not sure how much I enjoy this collection otherwise. I commend to the fact that she remains consistent in her vision, but I don't see her successfully adding much to her existing repertoire in a while. The feather work on those vests and jackets seems a bit contrived and the evening wear falls a bit flat on the minimalistic side. Her daywear separates remain the focal point of her oeuvre.

I can see how one might think the feathers and what not are a bit contrived. I see it as well, but I chalk it up to her attempts to spread her repertoire. She is the maestro of elegant couture daywear. I think this season was a stab at an edgier, tougher version of her woman.

How come noone's losing their $hit over this collection?
"This isn't HC, this is RTW!" :rolleyes:

Still, really beautiful!

I'm still amazed by Bouchra's last HC collection and this again fulfills my expectations.
It's simple, interesting, with a great show of sewing techniques

Oh dear, this is one of the best collections of the season. It's so pure. It's so simple yet so intrincate. She's an amazing designer, she deserves more recognition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->