Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

COUTURE

Reaction score
How would you all rate the quality of Chanel?

I've been browsing their counters for a while now and so far oly purchased a Glossimer.

And products you want to rant/rave?

I love their mascara. I bought one a few weeks ago thats a violet color. gorgeous! and i like their loose powder. thats just about all ive tried from them

i religiously buy their powder blush every time i need it, it's the one that leaves my cheeks looking natural and keeps them clean. :P

currently using irreelle :heart: :
MAFMU450LG.jpg

I love the blush Fantasia and the lash/brow brush/comb! The comb part is metal and I have not been able to find a metal one

I rate the quality of colors and tools pretty high.

I use their foundation-Double Perfection Creme Poudre, and the powder compact (the newest one they have out and they are fabulous. It would take a lot to get me to switch.
Also the liquid that turns to powder eyeshadow in the iridescent colors is really pretty.

Since you've been browsing, maybe you can tell me ... I've been seeing their new Coromandel compact in magazines (pretty! not sure I could bear to use it), and it made me wonder whether they are making cake liner again in other colors.

Their pressed-powder products (like blush, eyeshadow) and cake liner (whatever it's made of) tend to be heavily pigmented & last forever. Sometimes the heavy pigment makes them difficult to use. I feel that overall they're priced a bit high. I mostly use MAC these days, but I would go back to Chanel for cake liner. The Chanel packaging is prettier, but hey, I'm past the packaging :wink:

Their lipglosses are too sticky. Lipsticks are nice. I love their eyeshadow though. It is very creamy and blends well. The nail polishes are always perfect colors. I collect those! Otherwise, I haven't tried any of their products.

i have mixed feelings about chanel cosmetics and skincare. i know of quite a few people who have had horrible allergic reactions to their skincare products.. all of them.
i've used their drama lash waterproof. i like the dramatic look that it gives... very full lashes and very dark, but it's almost impossible to remove. i now prefer shu uemura's fiberlash and kevyn aucoin's volumising mascara.
i've also tried their double perfection foundation... it tends to get streay and it clogged my pores a bit.
i agree with rhiann on the glosses... too sticky, and for some reason they always goop their way out of the tube when i close them. they just get really messy.
i have quite a few of their quadra eyeshadow compacts and i love them... great colors and many of them will have at least one color that would double up as a good highlighter.
no complaints about their eyeliners though.. i think they work very well.
my favorite chanel product is the irréelle blush. the colors are beautiful and very natural... and they go on and stay on beautifully.
overall, i'd say be cautious about the skincare and just pay attention to the needs of your skin tone and type... overall the quality is pretty good, but the prices are a bit high.

^ I agree with you Meowmix.
Chanel is a brand that works on some people not all. I have very mixed feelings about Chanel.
Their moisterizer and serum made me break out, their liquid foundation clogged my pores ( althoug I heard their powder foundations are good ).

Overall I don't find Chanel being unique, unless you count the price which is too high and the fancy packaging.

^ that's a good point... i find that with chanel, the style is overall more classic and subtle. i'd recommend chanel for staples, like a liner or a take-everywhere eyeshadow compact. chanel's pricing and selection don't allow you to experiment and "play" as much as brands, such as MAC, would.

I am a huge fan of chanel cosmetics.

i use their hydramax gel moisturiser daily, i love it as its not too thick for my skin and goes on very well.
i also use teint fluid foundation universal - one of the best ive tried, also goes on very well and matches my skin tone perfectly.

ive also tried their eyeshadows, which are good quality but probably not worth raving about, and their eyeliner is very good as well, non smudge and soft (but i barely wear eyeliner these days)

I religiously use Precision Eclat Originel radiance cream under my makeup. It's a smoothing and light reflecting lotion that smells heavenly and makes makeup glide right over my skin. It also reduces the look of pores and imperfections. It's a bit pricey at around $55 a pop, but it's well worth it.

Well I tried the DOUBLE PERFECTION COMPACT and a CRISTALLE GLOSS.. In love with them both. I found The Powder is amazing. I used to wear MAC and everything was just too heavy for me. I have good skin so it seemed like i was covering everything with layers. With the Chanel I still have coverage but it feels amazing. :D

chanel facial products

does anyone use any of the chanel products?

i just bought the precision system eclat mousse at the airport DFS.

what do you think of this line?

what do you reccomend for people with oily skin and a good moisturizer?

I have oily skin and I used the Chanel precision line face wash for oily skin. It was ok--nothing great. I wouldn't buy again.
I do like the gel mattifying toner from this line though.
As far as moisturizer, I have yet to find a good one.

ive used the hydracolor or something lipstick for a while. i give them to my friends and i highly reccomend it.

they have great color and it feels like the sparkles are much finer in chanel then other makeup brands.

FashionFix said:
I do like the gel mattifying toner from this line though.

I tried this and I also liked it. I have oily skin as well so anything that controls that I'm all for it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pietrobundchen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->