Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looove the chanel bronzer in sierra, I wear it every single day!! its the best bronzing powder I know! looks soo natural on me, and has this great sheen

So far I love their Glossimers and eyeshadows. The eyeshadows are fine and easy to blend and the glossimers are gel like and long lasting. I've tried the extra cils mascara and it works ok just that it clumps at times and I have to make sure to wipe excess off before I apply to my lashes.

FashionFix said:
I use their foundation-Double Perfection Creme Poudre, and the powder compact (the newest one they have out and they are fabulous. It would take a lot to get me to switch.

I use that one too. Its utterly perfect. I didnt know if the money was worth it at first but it's brilliant.

I currently use the Loose Powder, which I absolutely love...
The Powder Compact which is gorgeous.
I wear Inimitable Mascara which is the best mascara I've used so far.
The Irreelle Duo Silky eyeshadow is gorgeous.
The single eyeshadows are fabulous quality and stay on all day.
The liquid eyeliner is my all time fave.

The Glossimers and the 2-phase liquid eyeshadows are lovely, but every once in a while Chanel comes up with a "couture-inspired" product that looks pretty, but is hideously overpriced for what it does.

Case in point: spring's Pink Lame eyeshadow, which looked like a multicolored Chanel tweed in the case, but when swirled on the eye, was just a shimmery pink that wasn't even all that flattering. And it was $40.

I bought the Vitalumiere creme compact. I have pale skin and even in the lightest shade it's too dark for me.

DOUBLE PERFECTION!!!! (Mat Compact) It's freaking amazing. Seriously. i have the oiliest skin ever, and i apply it at 4AM (heh) go to school, walk home, do yoga, and then wash it off at about 8 or nine, and the stuff is still there and mat. It's surprisingly gentle too, but make sure you apply lightly and not too much, this foundation is not one that you can slack off when using.. (ie bare minerals...you can be a bit sloppy and still be okay.. a bit shimmery for me thought) you have to be able to take the time to make sure everything is okay before you head out the door...make sure you apply in natural light!!!! xo.M

I love love love vitalumière foundation! :heart: :heart:

I'm partial to all Chanel products, never had bad experiences with any of them. Their lipstick are pretty good too. :D

I use Bronze universal and it's brilliant! You can build up a light tan and it works on all skin types and colours. I usually put a very thin layer on and it just evens out my skin tone.

I'm a big fan of the cils al cils mascara in black.. I use it daily.
Their compact powder works well for me too.

I love the Matte Double Perfection compact- it's my holy grail powder because I have combo skin and I get oily halfway through the day. It is rather pricy but it lasts a long time. I also adore the nailpolishes- my faves are Irresistible (dark red) and Ballerina (light pink that looks quite natural).

I like the Glossimers sometimes but they are definitely rather sticky. That means that they stay put quite well but if there's a gust of wind and you have longish hair, UH OH. I hate it when your hair gets stuck to your lipgloss- absolutely no fun!

I love the chanel make up, at the moment I've been using vitalumiér liquid foundation also the loose powder is fabulous and the new mascara is fantastic!

i am obsessed with the aqualumiere lipsticks... they're perfectly sheer and super moisturizing, great for everyday in the more muted neutrals

Anyone use Teint Innocence foundation? I'm only interested because Jessica Miller looks so hot in the ad and I wouldn't mind having skin like this :D

has anyone tried their creme eyeshadows?! im looking for a golden brown with no grey tones. :smile:

I love the loose and pressed poudre universelle! I have them in the neutral shade. They're perfect if you want to matte your skin without looking made-up; no glitter or shine, just a smooth and matte surface. I also have the kabuki brush, fabulous!

I am interested in aqualumiere lipsticks ( I was using Dior Addict ultra shine lipstick but they dont make my colour any more). I need something that has pigment, that is very light, can be used daily, in one word something between gloss and lipstick.Is aqualumiere what I need?

aya80 said:
I am interested in aqualumiere lipsticks ( I was using Dior Addict ultra shine lipstick but they dont make my colour any more). I need something that has pigment, that is very light, can be used daily, in one word something between gloss and lipstick.Is aqualumiere what I need?

I think Aqualumiere is a great choice for everyday use. It depends on the shade that you use though. :smile: I give the aqualumiere lipstick as a present to my mom occasionally and she loves it!! I use it all the time also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pietrobundchen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->