Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love their glossimers. They have an awesome texture, most are pigmented without being heavy with a generous amount of shimmer. My favorites are Twinkle and Sunset. Their lipsticks are also good, my faovirte kind being Hydrabase which is very pigmented. Their blushes are second to NARS, in my opinion, they are more sheer, but they blend like a dream and are very soft. I have never used their foundations, but they always seem to get raves, especially the one that starts with a 'v'. They makeup brushes and e/s quads are amzing, too. In my opinion, start out with the glossimers and eyeshadow quads, those seem to be the best and most universally loved.

i used to love the double perfection compact... until i realised that i was allergic to it.... :angry:

morning glory said:
I have never used their foundations, but they always seem to get raves, especially the one that starts with a 'v'.

...vitalumiere :wink:

Vitalumiere and Teint Universal are good foundations,and furthermore I like certain Chanel eyeshadows...I love the formulation.
I also have a bronzer.

I hate Chanel lipstick and blush.It reminds me of middle aged European ladies at the opera.

Oh and the "Star Products" are always a waste of money.I bought too before cottoning on.

also a glossimer fan. fav colors are twinkle, tickled pink, and one other very light pink one whose name i can't think of right now.

The nail polishes are very good....dries well and doesn't chip that easily.

Also their foundations are pretty good, not the powder-foundation one though.

There powders are very good quality and don't look cakey, and I agree with Susie about the polishes

I third the polishes...I had one for ten years and it was still very fluid and good as new! :D

i fourth the polishes; they're some of the longest-lasting and most chip-resistant out there.

the 'instant lash' mascara is also very good.

Agree about the nail polish ... Chanel is expensive as you know and I think often not worth the money, but probably the nail polish is an exception to that. I used to wear a lot of Chanel because their makeup artist at Saks was a sweetheart. The Glossimer's good, I always got alot of compliments on it, but there are other good lip glosses, like Dior ... Their eye shadows and blushes are heavily pigmented, which makes the darker colors more difficult to work with. I prefer the MAC I wear now (I'm very pale so overdoing the blush is a very bad thing). Oh, the other thing they do very well is cake eyeliner. I wish I had more of what they used to make ... reminds me I should go look on eBay for it :wink:

I agree on the nail polishes:smile:. It's the only kind I have;how could I forget:wink: ?

I actually disagree with the blushes. I have been using the same one for years now and it's lasted me quite awhile and the color's pigmentation is just right and i love the color as well.

i love their eyeliner. it gives great solid black lines.

Well, the really good things are being mentioned. But no harm seconding or thirding or fourthing ...

I love the Vitalumiere cream foundation. One of best on the market.

Also agree on the nail polishes. Very nice colours too. Unique to say the least.

I also love the glossimers I own - Spark, Force, Unity, B(forgot the name). Lovely shades.

I just purchsed chanel foundation teint fluide universel and so far I like it (it's only been 5 days and there has been no breakouts:brows:) I'd like to try the eyeshadows but I have tons of MAC colors and I feel guilty buying more eyeshadows. If anyone has compred the two brands please let me know which one is better, in terms of how it looks on the lid and the how long it lasts? THanks

^ I've got both and I prefer MAC. Maybe you can find a shade MAC doesn't have that you want ... voila! reason to try Chanel :wink: The Coromandel compact is pretty cool ... unfortunately the colors don't do much for me, or I'd be there.

WOW heheh. today my boyfriend bought me the compact by chanel the universelle one in number 2. SO HOT. and he got me nars makeup. go to Makeupalley.com and check out makeup reviews and hair reviews

I'm wary of Chanel make-up, I haven't really liked products I've used...foundation, blusher and concealer. Having said this, I largely think that this is because I was sold the wrong products and colours, so this probably taints my view.

On the other hand, I LOVE the new Inimitable mascara. Gives me great lashes...long, thick, curled, seperated. Excellent product. I also love the Black Satin nail polish (of course). Great quality, lasts well and a good colour. Rouge Noir also a classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pietrobundchen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->