Chanel Pre-Fall 2018 Paris-Hamburg

i am so in love with Métiers d'Art collection every single time! everything seems so luxurious, exquisite and full of delicate details, truly pieces of art!

Ugh so perfect, even the menswear.

Runway photos are up on vogue if anyone wants a look.

I love his Métiers d’Art shows so much more than his HC and RTW collections.

They have so much more character and personality to them. They have a story.
In saying that, this one is far more simple and streamline than previous one but still a beautiful show.

Although the venue was a bit blugh...a little too confusing to figure out who was walking where etc. The music was obviously sublime with the orchestra though (but still not as amazing as the orchestra in his Spring 2011 RTW show).

The first part of the show with all the dark military looks is just fantastic. I don't think I've ever liked Chanel menswear this much but I want all the outfits, the sweaters and hats are just amazing.

Another flawless Metiers-d'Arts collection by Karl.
The opening "Cashmere galore" looks are desirable and so luxurious but yet classic and practical. The menswear is perfect!
Look 8 in post#8 is beyond! So opulent!
The tuxedo on Amanda Sanchez (just before the one on Hudson) and all the feathers at the end...Really flawless!

Even if this collection is not about new things (we have a lot familiar silhouettes that Karl has been doing lately), it is still great and fresh. The styling is perfect, the shoes are perfect...

It's a pity that Chanel prefall collection are not as talked about as the others when they don't have any "controversy" attached to them.
I feel like this collections kinda embodies everything i love and used to love about high fashion. It's luxurious, it tells a story, it is exclusive and has a sense of intimacy.

I love the OTTness of the main shows and the couture but it is also good to have this little moment.

Their Metiers d'Arts is selling very well and i'm sure this one will be another success. Judging by how expensive it is, i'll need to save some money from now! I need one of those cashmere sweater.

just saw the video on youtube, this is definitely the most emotional Metiers d'Arts show karl has done so far, maybe because it's his hometown, with the orchestral's performance, gives u a divine vibe. damn, Chanel knows how to make those riches to pay

Why is this immensely better than the usual stuff coming down the regular seasons?

Why is this immensely better than the usual stuff coming down the regular seasons?

These collections are not really for "the mass" (if we want to believe that Chanel is for the mass). It's not about the show and the image. Those clothes are Demi-Couture. The attention to details, the investment of the Ateliers is different. Even the audience is different. It's mostly clients with some journalists and friends of the house compared to the big shows which are about pretty much everybody.

And as the president of Chanel said, they are the only one to do "Metiers d'Arts" so, they aren't competting with other houses in this case.

I believe that all those things influenced Karl when creating a new collection.

Gorgeous Metiers d'Arts .
Paris-Hamburg and Paris-Salzburg are my favorites so far .
And , yes, Karl's Metiers d'Arts are always better that rtw or couture collections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->