Reaction score
G9lZyV7X_o.jpg
4wQBPZi7_o.jpg
ezWjfGZD_o.jpg
bimeGkbp_o.jpg
UGhi9yvG_o.jpg
GXlEMZ9G_o.jpg

chanel

She looks like Freja in some of the shots.

So basically it looks like Kristen and Juergen took an unplanned walk after the show and this is what came out of it.

At least the images feel very real and raw.

(although I can’t help but think the last one looks like a 2009 Facebook post of a teenager trying to be edgy)

She looks like Freja in some of the shots.

So basically it looks like Kristen and Juergen took an unplanned walk after the show and this is what came out of it.

At least the images feel very real and raw.

(although I can’t help but think the last one looks like a 2009 Facebook post of a teenager trying to be edgy)

Which is what you want as a Chanel customer. Cut the crap, luxury high end bla bla, NO! Time to be authentic. It's a pandemic and of course people walk hawks with unwashed her but wearing Chanel.

All of them scream 2009 Facebook album as you explained. The nerve of these advertisements sometimes! I normally don't care for Chanel ads too much even when Karl shot them but this set of images really irritates me. It doesn't even look like Teller either, it really looks like the age of crappy digicams. All these images are missing is the date and time in one of the corners.

I rarely like it, not her expression mind you, but at least the backdrop is cool.

Juergen Teller feels like a pandemic of its own. Good god, what a disaster! The only (remotely) tolerable work he produces is at SL and even that is very touch and go, I don't see why all the luxury brands keep on hiring him when the man clearly refuses to do luxury. This belongs to the pages of 032c! To call it a Chanel campaign is an embarrassment to the house. Remember when Karl shot Tilda for a Métiers d'Art ad years ago? Yeah... how the mighty have fallen.

Juergen Teller really needs to take a break. So sick of him being everywhere!

Kristen looks terrible here. I never understood what Chanel saw in her.

Hmmm, the setting works and the rawness of the images actually lends itself to the clothes here but it's missing the aspirational appeal that you want in a luxury fashion ad. Those ads shot in L.A with Daria W. from I think it was 2005/6 were raw but had all of the elements missing from this.

Sure there were better images to choose from though. The white jacket and full length gown picture are the standouts here for me. The rest could be an editorial for whatever magazine.

Jurgen have all the photographers dream jobs. No need for behind the scene production whatsoever, just show up with your camera, clicked the button, and give it to the clients. Since W magazine shoot finished in 20 seconds, I assume this was done in 30 minutes with 25 minutes for her to change the outfits.

She looks like a reluctant teenage girl that was forced to taking these pictures by her mother
Bcause they were on vacation. It's fitting her personality, but just not Chanel.

I kinda like if...
The composition is very Chanel and o think the campaign elevates the collection.

Karl is my favorite designer but as a photographer, I won’t act like the last decade of his career was exceptional. It was hits/misses...With a majority of misses. He had some very fabulous collections ruined by terrible campaigns.
I think everything just works here.
It’s Teller at Chanel. It’s an attempt to tell a story, not just having sexy girls in a construction site.
The problem that I’m having with Chanel is the lack of consistency. We were used to one vision in terms of campaigns for 30 years and suddenly, it seems like every photographer shoot a campaign....

this could’ve been so good!

the chosen clothes look good and the setting is perfect for Pre-Fall but then we have Kristen Stewart by Jurgen Teller...

Chanel is old lady clothing and accessories which come alive when they’re treated with irreverence of the right sort. But finding that balance isn’t easy, and while this campaign might be better than seeing yet another set of young models trying to enliven dowdy clothing against a grey studio setting, it might still be a bit too grubby and unwashed for the brand.

I don't mind seeing a photographer everywhere, as long as he does good things... Which is clearly not the case.

Kristen has the charisma of a door (she was also cast to play one of the most charismatic figures in history), what bothers me is seeing an actress who is very well paid for doing this, delivering something so BAD... Theoretically it was for a model who dreams of having this chance to do this, better and for a lot less. Chanel and LV are in a race to see who has the worst ambassadors, Dior is also not so far...

I am a Juergen fan but his work mainly stands out when there's a warmth to it (such as when there's sunlight--his work from his film days were much stronger because there was always that warmth in the pictures) or when the styling/model has sex appeal. Unfortunately, those elements are missing here. The factors that are present though are simply awkward as a combination. I am pretty sure the 5th picture of K holding the bird was taken with a iPhone and perhaps an older one too because the quality is horrible. Unless the pixelation are due to filters because believe it or not, Juergen's photos are actually professionally retouched by a company.

Last edited:
Juergen Teller is one of my least favourite fashion photographers but between this and his recent Saint Laurent campaigns, I'm not mad. The rugged landscape mixed with Teller's raw aesthetic works wonders together, and I'm liking the juxtaposition between the wilderness and the immaculate and luxurious pieces of the collection.

Kristen Stewart has always worked for Chanel IMO and of course was the perfect candidate to be photographed for this campaign, having attended the show at Chenonceaux. Models may have done the collection more justice, but I'm not complaining.

I actually dont mind this something about the setting that works. A model would have given better expressions but this is still good

I like everything except her expression. Why is she a top actress?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->