Chanel Pre-Fall 2024 Manchester

I mean everytime I go shopping I see a Himalaya Hermes and at least a few Chanel RTW pieces.

It reminds me of an acquaintance i had back in the day! Who was talking about how she went to a club where they were wearing louis vuitton shopping bags as purses. I immediately suspended all interactions with her after that…. What club are you going to where you see that and why do you think Im interested
that sounds cruel

Chanel will add at least 15 years to whoever dresses it. It's such a rancid brand.
lololol I don't think it's a rancid brand but it's clothes for mature women, it's a fact.

this last logomania that Alessandro Michele resurrected will soon fade and disappear. not entirely. the cat is out of the bag and it’s a statement that pleases a lot of fashion people especially people with a louder taste. all good.
he gave 300% profit to Gucci/ Kering of course he was going to be copied. the logo stamped pretty much everywhere was just one of the things.

Chanel’s logo is everywhere as it is on Valentino, Dior etc. all brands use their logos but never like this.
it was a strategic jumping in the bandwagon marketing move.
it was never like that with Karl. neither with Signori Valentino or Monsieur Saint Laurent at YSL. but the logo was always there only more discreetly (accessories and handbags mostly).

with this insistency on social media that we’re heading a quiet luxury phase it will make sense for brands to be less loud. it’s a good change imo. it has already started with Gucci too and it is cascading to all other brands. as it always does.

it’s funny how coincidentally we have designers that are real creatives finally taking the lead and also coincidentally not logo centric at all. JW Anderson, Blazy, Maximiliano, Phoebe, Galliano… and I don’t really believe in coincidences.

back to ‘topic’: I see Chanel often in the streets.
more than I see Dior or maybe because Chanel is more recognisable. two years ago the Saddle bag was everywhere so for sure they made a ton of profit with that bag only.
and like @Lola701 says it is indeed the tweed tailleur, coats, jumpers fashion jewellery and accessories that are what’s mostly bought at Chanel. and it is what I see people wearing.

I mean everytime I go shopping I see a Himalaya Hermes and at least a few Chanel RTW pieces.

It reminds me of an acquaintance i had back in the day! Who was talking about how she went to a club where they were wearing louis vuitton shopping bags as purses. I immediately suspended all interactions with her after that…. What club are you going to where you see that and why do you think Im interested
Shopping bags as purses…Someone better not spill a glass or water or something else because it might get ugly really fast.

For some reason, as ridiculous as it sounds, I’m not surprised that such clubs exists. I’ve heard stories of people buying Hermes boxes (empty of course) to have them as decoration in order to impress I guess.

And in the same trend, I’ve witnessed silent Birkin/Kelly wars at what was supposed to be serious women business events…

But all of this is the ridiculous part of luxury that is totally detached from fashion in a way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hhhhg
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->