Chanel S/S 2018 : Grace Elizabeth & Luna Bijl by Karl Lagerfeld

Home run with the cast! If anyone can carry a concept like this and a styling like this, it's definitely these two.

He is not even trying anymore as far as his photography is concerned...;-)

^ Agreed. He could've done so much more with these two fronting the ad. Regardless, I'm so happy with his model choice this time!

I always get a dreadful feeling when I click on a Chanel thread but I actually love this. It´s really simple but the models are delivering and the styling is not overwhelming.

Luna is eating Grace up here! Her attitude, poses, eyes.. Luna is really one of the best models in front of the camera in this generation, even when the photography is bad like in this case. Karl is not even trying here, Luna is saving it all for me. I like the choice of Grace too of course, but my eyes go straight to Luna here.

Carine styled it.

I still don't like this collection and this campaign is not going to change that. That being said, i love the choice of models. This is a major improvement from the dreadful FW campaign. It's a pity because the FW collection was better than this one.

I love the models, the hair and make-up, the attitude but those background looks so fake and photoshopped (even if they aren't)!

The two first shots are great but the whole thing is weird. Carine's styling is weird...

Seriously, they are not helping each others. I feel like Carine can't push anyone. They have been doing this for 6 years now and the results are still very inconsistent.

So that makes Kaia the face of Fendi. I only hope she is OG because i'm tired of the Hadid/Jenner.

Let's face it, i don't think Karl is ever going to shoot outside of his parisian studio anymore. It's a real pity.

The setup is very S/S 2006, which I can always get behind. Great casting choices as well; and yet...something about this feels a bit empty? Not sure; the weird styling in some images doesn't help either.

This feels like a catalogue or a lookbook shoot to me.

Fantastic duo! Karl's taste is usually questionable, imo, but this is great! I'mm so happy to see both of them. They are really great models and they look fantastic!
They made a boring concept, with ugly clothes, look so good!
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I love all the shots so far.

I love Grace, but Luna stole the show here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think given what these girls were lumped with - God-awful styling and a nondescript setting, they made the best of it. They sure know how to use space, which is impressive and a luxury if you're constantly pushed to better their skills. Compare this to last season where the French it-girl didn't know what to do with herself, then this is damn near masterful.

So Carine styled this? I like the ice-cream colours, that's it.

It's not really selling me the idea of wearing what looks like a towel on my head.

I think given what these girls were lumped with - God-awful styling and a nondescript setting, they made the best of it. They sure know how to use space, which is impressive and a luxury if you're constantly pushed to better their skills. Compare this to last season where the French it-girl didn't know what to do with herself, then this is damn near masterful.

So Carine styled this? I like the ice-cream colours, that's it.

Yes, once again, she is responsible of this mess....As if the FW campaign wasn't enough. She is one of my icons but she is losing her touch. I get that Chanel nowadays is not really in her lane but come'on!

Regardless of whether the collection is good or not Chanel is always one of the most exciting shows, so its a shame their campaigns don't reflect that. This could have been so much more with the right photography and conceptualisation. That being said, I love the model choice - Luna and Grace are two of the best girls for this and definitely give it a little more life!

Nothing special but good to see Luna and Grace get the campaign.

Luna is really serving in all her shots... I need to see more of Grace...

Unfortunately the campaign is still lackluster from the styling to the set ...

This much as these are improvements from last season, I long for the glorious Chanel campaigns. Outdoor, dynamic. There were a time he used top working models and his muses on location which add much depth to the Chanel women and story.

Luna! What an amazing model, and Grace looks beautiful as well.

That said, this campaign is just sad. Again a studio setting and an empty page for the Chanel logo? Karl couldn't be less creative than this. Why not go out of the studio? S/S 2011 was a fantastic campaign. Or maybe Karl is not able to go out anymore...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->