Chanel F/W 2018.19 by Karl Lagerfeld

I like what i've seen so far. It's clean and beautiful.

The portraits are beautiful but I'm not too keen on the group shots.

Feels appropriately to the point for such a great collection, although I would've appreciated a lighter studio backdrop here as the shade of grey-brown makes the images look a bit heavy.

page4.png page5.png

Marie Claire France September 2018 Digital Edition

Boring boring boring as everything shot by Karl basically. Happy for Yoon and Hoyeon though.

Yoon looks 12. Not appropriate for Chanel if you ask me. Other than that the close ups are really nice. Not really sure about the group shots. Something about them is very Demarchelier.

Can't wait to see Luna's close up though. Should've been just her.

I'm having 1998 with Karen Elson vibes mixed with 2006 Daria.
It's a beautiful campaign but it would have been wonderful with individual shots than group ones...

I can only imagine what emmanuelle would have done with this. Carine as great as she is doesn't seems to understand the spirit of Chanel!
Love the natural hair and make-up!

It is very boring, basic and unispring, especially considering how big and full of fantasy the Chanel shows usually are. There's always a theme, an extravagant venue and etc. And yet when it comes to the campaigns, lately haven been this... Models looking lifeless in front of a white/gray background. What a shame!

Even tho I love Young Bae and I'm happy to see her, I also never envisioned her as a Chanel girl. But she looks great as usual. All the girls does.

So happy for HoYeon! Finally her Chanel campaign. :heart:

Yoon's portrait is considerably weaker than Nina and Vittoria's. It just looks like a random polaroid taken at a casting.

I’m pretty sure there were pictures from IG/SC where the models were shooting in a forest, like the runway show. I wonder if that shoot was scrapped?

I found Adesuwa very mesmerizing in person, but she photographs really harsh and it's due to the tension she puts in her lips. Case in point, her appearance in this campaign. With those powerful eyes, she doesn't need to put emphasis on anything else.

Overall, though, it's very boring. Gosh, can't people shoot outside anymore? All this studio photography in campaigns, editorials, and covers really started to blend into each other. I echo everyone here that demands Karl to continue using his runway set--or take inspirations from it--when shooting a campaign.

I love everything about it. It's classic, straight to the pint, chic and beautiful - what Chanel shoud look like

Can't deal with this new Demarchelier/Vogue China-style full length shot.

Can't deal with this new Demarchelier/Vogue China-style full length shot.
Agree! It’s basically just one big blur of fabric, with some hands and heads attached to it.

I love how the Asian girl expresses so much innocence in her portrait. I think that's my favourite one. I don't like the group pictures, they lack impact.

lovely ! classic and beautiful. love nina marker especially in it.

Yoon sold me on this campaign, the picture of innocence and sophistication, a perfect Chanel girl for me. I never cared for Chanel gaudy sets and I'd hate Chanel campaigns to become gimmicky like that, no thanks, I actually love how it presents an opportunity to look at the collection through a different set of lenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->