Chanel S/S 2022 : Vivienne Rohner by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

This is quite good to be honest. It's very French, very chic, very "old" Vogue Paris. Emmanuelle Alt styled this, non? It has her signature and aesthetic written all over the campaign. The clothes look better here than they did in the show!

This is quite good to be honest. It's very French, very chic, very "old" Vogue Paris. Emmanuelle Alt styled this, non? It has her signature and aesthetic written all over the campaign. The clothes look better here than they did in the show!
I’m thinking the same thing

Wow! she looks so much like Tati Cotliar, only with less attitude... Tati would have slayed this.

I really like this, its bourgeoisie and a bit camp.

Get Z girl told to go and live with her grandmother for the summer instead of partying, so borrows all her clothes and decides to do a photoshoot in the garden.

That last shot in the house interior is one of the best fashion campaign images I have seen in a long time, probably the last decade. Reminds me of I&V at the VP shooting their cover stories, indeed very chic and very French. The whole campaign is a knockout to be frank. Classy is the word (which I can't believe I would be using in 2022).

There's been so little sophistication in fashion imagery for a while, there comes the point where a campaign like this one is seen as having it.

Must admit that this is not what I was anticipating after re-watching the joyous and energetic runway presentation some time last month but as per usual with I&V and all things Chanel - I am instantly sold.

The campaign images do indeed feel like a story from Vogue Paris under Emmanuelle Alt and upon seeing this featured inside the new issue of British Harper's Bazaar, I felt compelled to take a minute and examine every last detail of each shot. Vivienne is posing here on the balcony just like Gabrielle Chanel herself did on the balcony at Place Vendôme, in the iconic Roger Schall photograph from 1935!

^^^ Absolutely. Looks just like any generic LA brand’s aesthetic that’s been further gentrified by Insta. And that it’s by I&V is such a crying shame. Terry at his best would’ve elevated this brand of suburban bourgeoisie blandness with such personality and wit.

And terrible model.

The campaign was styled by Max Pearmain according to Inez van Lamsweerde's Instagram and photographed in Marseille, France.

UK Elle Digital Edition

Get rid of
Vivienne Rohner, she is not a good model. Though the whole CHANEL direction now is going wrong as well.

I don't know how to phrase this correctly, but I feel like Virginie has chosen this girl as her favorite because she thinks she needs to have one. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with that, but when the work is mediocre the choice of model comes into question. Karl had odd favorites at times, but he knew that they would work for his campaigns. I still remember that beautiful campaign from 2009 with Heidi Mount. Vivienne would have never been able to pull that off. With that being said, Virginie continues to make odd choices in her clothing and in her models. To sum it up,... It's not working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->