Chanel - Spring 2004 Cassette Tote

glamourpunk

Reaction score
I want to know where i can find these!!? and what the damage is :P i emailed the chick that had this picture, wanted to know where it came from! THANKS!

hi glamourpunk..there are i think a couple of threads where some tFSers (myself included) that pretty much worship those chanel accessories! :woot:

For anyone who has been dying for this stupid thing as much as I have (although I am sure that no one could ever possibly have loved/wanted/desired/yearned for/etc etc. it more than I) .... I have all the info and more!

A few days after x-mas, I called Chanel up and got a price quote, and all the info, on this baby.... after over a month of bugging and bugging.

Well, people, this thing is going to cost $1,450.00, which is completely ludicrious IMO (for a piece of plastic with a chain wrist strap, anyhow)! I was pretty shocked.

It is available in black, and clear and should hit stores by the end of January.

Here are some pictures, for those of you who don't know about this gorgeous (+ ludicrously priced) beauty....

...Maybe one day she will be mine....

100118201.jpg

100118212.jpg

100118214.jpg

100118216.jpg

i know i called and called and called too :wacko: i called rodeo and soho, madison etc..... what shop are you close too? i know the trunk show is in a few days.
i think i will stick to the cuff or the cassette earing :blush: i have the info on those items as well, somewhere in my messy room :cry:

Well, Chanel told me that only the actual freestanding CC boutiques here in Texas (the ones in Dallas and Houston) had ordered them in "limited quantities," which basically means about 2 of them per store. They offered to get me on a reserve list, but honestly I cannot possibly ever justify paying such a steep price for something so impractical. It is damned cute though! So sad that the Chanel boutique in the Saks here won't be getting it in, though.

PS: I liked the earring, too. What's the price on it?

i wrote the info somewhere in a notebook, i'll have to look for it and get back to you..... :lol:

i think it will be 600 or something..... :wacko: my memory is bit fuzzy, but i will post it when i come across it. i forgot to ask the price on the lp clutch so i have to call back. a bit strange that these accessories are so high considering the cruise/resort collection accessories werent that much. some braclets were about 450 and cute earings were about 250 !! a charm belt was about 800 ( if i remmber) and these items are practcly triple that :shock:

isnt the cassete about 5x 3 inches or something????

I totally agree.
My reasoning behind this is because perhaps Chanel doesn't want just anyone to have them. You know? :wink:

600 is quite a bit for that little microcassette earring. But it is adorable!

Also, I can only IMAGINE the price of the LP tote. It's beaded! My guess is about $2-3,000

Also, yes, the cassette tote is around 5x3". Look at the photos! I used those so you could see the proportions. Not much bigger than a female hand.

I can't believe that! And now I'm afraid that the LP clutch will be out of my price range! :cry:

And the earring for $600! How insane! Chanel really needs to get a grip. I don't see how they can justify $1500 for a cheap block of plastic when a beautiful quilted caviar leather 2.55 bag is about the same. It's not like some huge technological advancement is required to make the bag. It's just a question of bolting a couple screws through some plexiglass. :censored:

My sentiments exactly! I say we revolt! LOL

and the saddest thing is what brian mentioned- it is only 5x3 ( est.)
a total of 8 inches! i wonder how many celecbs are getting these items for free ? :angry:

barely anything can fit into it....lipstick.

it may be chanel but its still PLASTIC! :angry:

thats crazy :blink: i doutn know how you can put anof craftsmanship into a palstic casset bag to charge 1000+ :rolleyes:

Theya re so cool though, i wodner hwo much they will charge for teh record bag, 3000???

More than likely in the $3,000 range. Maybe more, since it takes more work as it has that beading all over it.

I'll call Chanel tomorrow and let you all know!!

In fact, I'll get price quotes on all of it.

Oh wait- I don't think they're open on Saturdays. I'll call on Monday and do a post with all the info and pictures.

Originally posted by brian@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 9:16 pm
For anyone who has been dying for this stupid thing as much as I have (although I am sure that no one could ever possibly have loved/wanted/desired/yearned for/etc etc. it more than I) .... I have all the info and more!
:lol:

It is very cute.

the Chanel 04 accessories are cute and interesting, but I'm really not crazy about them.

and that price for that cassette? no way. not worth the money at all!
I mean, what materials and techniques are required to make that? ok, plastic is made into a cassette shape. how expensive is plastic? and how hard is it to make that shape?! so they just put the CHANEL on them and make them go crazy?! :angry:

I could pay who knows how much money for LVs, Birkin, Gucci and other designers' bags, as long as they are worth the money. but no way am I paying that amount for a piece of Chanel plastic. it's really PLASTIC, after all. :ninja: and I wouldn't even pay $500 for it :lol:

Originally posted by MissPurple@Jan 3rd, 2004 - 1:09 am
the Chanel 04 accessories are cute and interesting, but I'm really not crazy about them.

and that price for that cassette? no way. not worth the money at all!
I mean, what materials and techniques are required to make that? ok, plastic is made into a cassette shape. how expensive is plastic? and how hard is it to make that shape?! so they just put the CHANEL on them and make them go crazy?! :angry:

I could pay who knows how much money for LVs, Birkin, Gucci and other designers' bags, as long as they are worth the money. but no way am I paying that amount for a piece of Chanel plastic. it's really PLASTIC, after all. :ninja: and I wouldn't even pay $500 for it :lol:
Exactly!!

It's worth about the price of a pair of sunglasses, IMO.
All that I was prepared to pay was around $350-375.

I'm french and for me, Chanel represents the fashion like one does not do it more, the style tweed and the famous tailors I'm addict and Karl Lagerfeld is a good successor :wink:

It is sooooo cute... shame about the price. It's not a crazy amount of money in general, but for that little piece of plastic it is. I would pay a little over half of that for it, tops...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->