Chantecaille Makeup

miu_miu

little soul
Reaction score
I did a search, but only found a thread on their skin care line. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on their make up....

I hear a lot about their Real Skin foundation. I tried it in a store and liked it, but I'm thinking more about getting the compact version for touch-ups.

Anyone use it? :flower:

hey there! i use their future skin foundation and i have not turned back since.. i love it because it really sticks to your skin without looking real heavy! if you are looking for something lighter, i suggest that you mix the foundation with your daily moisturizing lotion or cream.. if you want something even lighter than mix it with (1:1) toner then put it on your face! hope this helps!

Thanks for your response, definitely sounds like something I'd like to try!

My mother swears by Chantecaille! They have beautiful eye shadows and great foundations.

I have a palette of eyeshadow and blush by them. It's called the Oliva palette. It's lovely. I really enjoy it.

I'm very interested in trying the future skin foundation... Can anyone help me with the shading? I can't find any stockists here in Perth, so it looks like I'll be ordering online... I'm confused as to which colour to get... I have pink undertones, and incredibly fair skin... Which is the fairest shade? Is it alabaster?

I just saw this on a MUA review

Chanteceille divides their colour chart into 3 tonal categories - yellow, neutral and pink. Within each category, there are varying shades (light to dark). So, the lightest shades are Chamomile (more yellow tone), Alabaster (neutral) and Ivory (more pink tone).

Can you get samples? :unsure:

I've tried emailing the site, but no response... :innocent: I also tried emailing a website who stock it & ship to Australia, I can't get samples but they said that Ivory is the lightest of the shades... I have pink toned skin, so that would probably be the one for me, but I'm still hesitating spending that much on a foundation it's likely I won't be satisfied with (I very rarely am...) :doh: I might have to wait until I'm in the US to try it out somewhere...

A word of warning to the pale ladies. The lightest shade is alabaster and it is pretty brown. If I were to liken it to a mac shade I'd say NW25 at the very palest. I am so upset because I spent a ton of money on this and can't get a refund.

Argh, Mindbear - thankyou! That must be so frustrating :doh: But thanks for your feedback!

Here's some photos & swatches of my Chantecaille collection - they're not the best but hopefully it's helpful to anyone interested in the line. About the swatches, Chantecaille is not like mac, MUFE etc with really bright, strongly pigmented colours - they're meant to be sheer but buildable for a more subtle effect. They're soft, high quality products, lovely to work with.

The finger tip swatch is done heavily and then I blended onto my arm so that you can see better how it works on the skin.

First up, blushes! This is Thrill, a kind of reddish colour which gives a lovely natural flush.

Winter Bloom, this is peachy, but I think it has some brown in it - it's not very bright on the skin but gives a more sculpted look. I think another blush, Wind gives a similar effect but with more of the peach, though it's still not a true colour in that sense.

Source | my photos

Eyeshadows now!

Bois - a lovely golden brown, all the shimmer in Chantecaille appears more like a sheen when it's applied. I like this to give some definition in the crease. The arm swatch shows applied heavily and then blended out so you can see that the shades are buildable.

Opal, first time I have ever hit pan! :woot: I use this colour as an all-over base & a cheek highlight since it gives such a pretty, subtle sheen. I think you can get this type of colour in many different brands, it's not especially unique but it's pretty nonetheless!

Source | my photos

Finally lips...

This is the lipchic in Camellia, these have an amazing texture - like glossy tinted balms, very moisturizing, & fairly sheer but easy to wear. In other pictures of Camellia it looks more baby pink but mine (IRL & pictures) doesn't look like that at all! One swatch is heavy, the other is lighter so the colour is buildable. I have another one, Damask, which is much more pigmented but unfortunately I don't have it with me.

Brilliant gloss in Mirth - these are not sticky but not watery either & have a moisturizing feeling. They're not terribly pigmented, but very glossy and nice to wear! This one has some shimmer you can see in the tube which doesn't appear on the lips.

Source | me

went on a new product hunt and landed at this counter. i came home with the flint pencil, a ideal shade of blush, and future skin foundation in vanilla, belowen, you seem to have the same skin tone and color as i do and this might be perfect for you. this is one of the highest quality companies with a philosophy behind it to support my purchase that i have found in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->