Makeup For Men - What's Your Take?

Erin

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion
Reaction score
I ran across an article in the May issue of Jane today, about male stars' picks for makeup...

<<Guy celebs want to look pretty, too, y'know. William H. Macy, Stanley Tucci and Aidan Quinn got a little help from MAC Select Cover-Up at Sundance, and we hear Goo Goo Dolls singer Johnny Rzeznik wears Blanc Universel De Chanel Sheer Illuminator for MTV appearances. P. Diddy is a fan of Chantecaille Rosewater toner and passed it on to fellow "tough guys" Nelly and Ed Norton. The rockers in U2 use Chantecaille Future Skin foundation. And the very hot Ewan McGregor wore black eyeliner at last year's Golden Globes. Yum.>>

The eyeliner, to me, is okay - but I'm not sure about the powder. But heck, if women can wear makeup, more power to the men to wear it!

What do you think? And for the men out there, do you indulge in makeup?

maybe foundation if their skin was bad but other than that nothing cause guys would look silly with anything else on.. :blink: :P

I think men are more interesting to look at than women so I am all for them and any of their grooming advances..

Speaking of men and makeup, last night I saw an episode of Home Imrovement where one of the boys was putting on his mom's makeup to cover up a zit.

Guys don't like zits, either!

male performing artists are different than average men . of course they are going to wear make-up because nobody's skin is flawless and when you are on television its a smart idea to hide blemishes and uneven skin tone. and for photo shoots they wear make upo just to look normal- with film and lighting tends to wash out facial features like eyelashes , and lip colour. the more make up you wear the better you look- and havnt you ever noticed when you are photographed with make up you look like you arent wearing any at all? thats why you have to wear pro grade make up and many women [ actress's, singers, model's] also wear false lashes [ and false breats, tape...but thats another topic :lol: ] so even men need a little mascarra and eyeliner and a little colour on there lips. tv and film is different than real life- now for a man who works in an office to wear chanticille foundation is completely un neccesary :rolleyes: :sick: not to mention i cant stand men who take longer to get ready than myself :dizzy:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@May 2nd, 2003 - 3:23 pm
:sick: not to mention i cant stand men who take longer to get ready than myself :dizzy:
LOL, so true! Viva le difference!! Let men be men and women be women. That is bliss!! :heart:

I just think that nobody should care about men wearing makeup...Its 2003 everyone!, and you should have seen that coming,since guys started making appointments for manicures..Personally, I dont care, I wear makeup, not in huge loads, but just the necessary to look great (like if i need it to look great :lol: ). If makeup is the road that leads you to a better understanding of yourself, take it.

JP Gaultier is launching a makeup collection for men. :huh: He was toying with the idea since his 1984 " L'Homme Object"show,where he showed skirts for men for the first time.
The line-Le Male tout beau tout propre- will include a tinted moisturizer,concealer,bronzer,eye kohl,3 tinted lipbalms and a gloss.All made by Shiseido.The black packaging is inspirate by the Zippo lighter.It should be in select stores at the end of september.
I'm real curious! :wink:

Oups sorry old news...just saw there was already a posting about it in designer & collections section. :blush:

:P I thought Johnny Depp looked realllllly good with it in the Pirates movie!

Originally posted by tealady@Apr 28th, 2003 - 7:10 pm
No makeup for men!!! :sick: Isn't anything sacred? :angry: :doh:
how is make up sacred for women and not for men? :angry:

in tribes men and women both wear make up, its only in this f*cked up society that puts insane boundaries on every thing that men are embaressd for wearing make up.

If you are my beloved gay boys, it's fine with me.
You look gorgeous and why not?

But it's the whole other different story when it comes to straight men,imo.
I would NOT go out or fall for any straight man who wears makeup.
Men have to be somewhat rugged and nonchallant about their appearances, which I find more appealing than plain "trying too hard" attitude.

Moisturizers and after-shave creams are ok though.

Originally posted by agent v@Jul 13th, 2003 - 5:01 am
I was JUST going to make a new post about that! I totally agree!

Delicious. :P

Originally posted by Elle Glamour+Aug 15th, 2003 - 8:25 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elle Glamour @ Aug 15th, 2003 - 8:25 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-agent v@Jul 13th, 2003 - 5:01 am

Delicious. :P [/b][/quote]
:chef: indeed! lets roast him :P

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe+Aug 15th, 2003 - 2:41 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LolitaLuxe @ Aug 15th, 2003 - 2:41 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Elle Glamour@Aug 15th, 2003 - 8:25 am
<!--QuoteBegin-agent v
@Jul 13th, 2003 - 5:01 am

Delicious. :P
:chef: indeed! lets roast him :P [/b][/quote]
You always have wonderful i deas for men and food :wink: :chef:

I'm all for guys using make up. Girls can cover up their imperfections, guys should have that luxury as well. Guys that wear eyeliner are... :innocent: SEXAY! :woot:

Some of you people are terrible.

But I agree with you. Guys shouldn't wear makeup, and girls shouldn't wear pants or tennis shoes. In fact, you should be required to wear corsets and heels daily. I mean let men be men and women be women. Right?

And I forgot that what you wear determines your sexuality, which is why its okay for homosexuals to wear certain things but not straight guys.

Inconsistecy plagues society and THATS whats sickening. Women would get pissed if men suddenly found it inappropriate for them to wear pants and shorts, and inappropriate to NOT wear makeup. But yet men take it silently when women do just that to men except reverse. And then label it "different." Atleast some people here realize this. Whats wrong with the rest of you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->