Cheeks And Lips!?

karen k

Reaction score
i was wanting to know if anyone could help me...i want to know what colors as well as non-exspensive brands to use to acheive the nude lip? Also what color blush should i use? i was told to use a bronzed blush to go with the nude lip but i dont know where i could find these right colors. any help would be good!! thanks. :innocent:

Hi Karen!
If you dont want to spend a lot of money on makeup, and still get a good quality, I suggest L'Oreal, because they own Lancome and Biotherm, both great companies that has great products and excellent quality. The y carry a lot of nice colours, and you can choose from lipstick, to lipglides, depending on your taste. About the colours, it depends on your complexion, if you want to go for that bronzy, glowy, nudeish, Jlo look, you can use a diffusing tint, like the one from Revlon, skinlights, which comes with loose powder, tints, blushers and bronzers,. to give you that nice look. But remember that there is a thin line between looking luminous and glowy to overbronzed and cakey, like Jlo. :wink: HTH

Well, for my fair complextion, what color do you suggests I use for nude lips? Every color I seem to get isn't what I was looking for. also a lipliner?

for a fair complexion (i have one too!) i would get a nude with a little red in it...some fair girls go for the nude with brown in it and it washes them out even with bronzer or blush

if you want to go real cheap i would try wet n wild. They sell some really pretty colors!

I agree with Llaura, if you go for the beigey nude, you will look sick.. avoid coral tones (orangey pinks) because they will make you look yellow, or even worse! will make your teeth yellow :eek: Wet and wild brings nice colours and veeeeery affordable prices, but, L'Oreal also has nice colours, and its the same quality as Lancome and Biotherm, cause all are from the same house :flower: ...HTH

Thanks for all the replies...I use loreal and its really not expensive at all but I still haven't seemed to find a good lip color so I guess my search continues. I was thinking, maybe I should just go to a makeup counter such as lancome and get some advice on finding one. I think that would be much easier. :wink:

Karen,

You might want to consider mixing lip colors. That's what pro's do until they get the desired color.
If you are fair like me, you might want to go for a nude with a hint of pink or peach (not coral as alejjandro said because as he also said they make teeth look yellow). I love beiges, but I was with two friends last week at a MAc counter and we looked for a pink color for me because she said I always use this colors that don't wash me off but don't make me pop, if you understand what i mean.

I also recommend Burjois, owned by Chanel. the lipglosses are EXACTLY the same as Chanel's though they have a bigger variety. L"Oreal is also a favorite for me.
As for lip liner, choose one that matches your lip color since that can be used with any type of lipstick color and for a blush, go for an apricot. I know you said cheap, but just to give you an idea of the color... Check out Orgasm from Nars or deep Throat. Those are some of my favorites and the colors are beautiful.

Sofia

Thanks, you are a lot of help. I will try out the products you recommended I know things may seem pricey but its worth it when it comes to beauty.

I like L'oreal "Bronze Coin" Lipstick. It is a nice 'nude' for my skintone, which is medium/olive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->