:woot: just read this at bbcworld, not too bad actually
i'd love one in green but he just does black, fuchia and white
white is also ok but i'm so scared that with all my traveling
it will be ruined very soon :(

what do you think?

Laptop bags go from geek to chic

By Jo Twist
BBC News Online technology reporter

Fashion designer Julien MacDonald is used to dressing some of the world's most beautiful and chic women - from Kylie Minogue to Joely Richardson.

MacDonald has dragged the laptop bag into the 21st Century
Now the House of Givenchy designer has turned his hand to technology with a creation that could have thousands of women leaping with joy in their Manolo Blahniks.

He has teamed up with Intel to take the laptop bag out of the world of geeky black nylon and into the world of chic.
MacDonald describes the three laptop bags he has created as "fashionable, funky and functional at the same time".

Only 500 have been made, with 100 available in the UK. The good news is the profits will go to a children's charity, something that MacDonald thought women would appreciate.

Funky

Most pleasing for gadget freaks is that they are full of zippy and popper-buttoned compartments for phones, PDAs (Personal Digital Assistants), batteries, and memory sticks, never mind lipsticks.
He created them when he realised that although laptop bags already served their function well in protecting the goods inside, they did not exactly look good.
Tell us what your laptop bag looks like
"My girlfriends would turn up for a night out with bags stuffed with everything with a laptop whacked on the top," he explained to BBC News Online.
Many of them would be going out straight from work, but did not want to lug around heavy "nylon, ugly, horrible" laptop bags.

"So I thought I should do one of those," he says.

"I realised there was a real niche in the market for a lightweight stylish bag that had the technology in it to hold a computer, but also the technology in it so that if you dropped the bag, the laptop wouldn't break."

"Computers and laptops are becoming a fashion accessory in their own right now," MacDonald explains, particularly for aspiring Sex and the City chicks.

"But you don't want to turn up to work in a gorgeous tailored suit then carry around this horrible ugly bag", he says.

They have inhabited the world that fashion forgot for so long because the demand for style has not been there until now.

"All the design that went into laptop bags was focused on the travelling businessman.

"People never thought women were just as business orientated as men and that they have those roles too," he says.

Now that they are, women are demanding the accessories to accompany their hi-tech get a touch of hi-tech fashion too.
Technological developments in fabric, with Teflon coated clothing repelling rain and Lycra that needs no ironing, have successfully been adopted by the fashion industry.

Attachments

• _39514805_intelmac_bagmodel203b_1_.jpg
    _39514805_intelmac_bagmodel203b_1_.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 186
three available colors

Attachments

• _39514811_intelmac_bags203b_1_.jpg
    _39514811_intelmac_bags203b_1_.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 145
I :heart: them Lena! But the black is too boring, the pink is too bright so that leaves the white............indeed a bit scary to drag it with you all the time.

Difficult! So no advice really from here :wacko:

they look good... hopefully they'll come out with different colors :woot:

i really like those , i may be purchasing a laptop, would love a chic bag to carry it------but im sure the bag is as much as a laptop :lol:

those are super cute..what do they run? are there any other good options for cute laptop bags? i'm getting one soon also.

just waiting to buy a laptop so i can buy one of these quick :innocent:

Oooohhhhhhh, I do think my laptop deserves a nice bag . . . and that's the one! The pink would SCARE my bosses so that's a good enough reason to get one

:wink:

how can a laptop not deserve a nice bag??
i :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: my laptop & couldn't go on one day without it + internet connection

my laptop is orange (yepppp! believe it or not lol) & the pink bag would just make it look crazier than it already is :blink: i like the white, but it doesn't match the color of the notebook

where can we get those anyways? & for how much?

Those are gorgeous...now I just need to trade in my computer for a laptop so I have an excuse to get a bag! :wink:

i bet Givenchy has already those out in all the Givenchy boutiques and maybe in duty free shops? they are a sure hit . (and a great Christmas present for all laptop fanatics out there)

why dont you try contacting Givenchy through the web voodoo doll? :flower:

:o Oh, my gosh I need one of those immediately...they are so cute!! Does it say where they can be purchased. I'm going to do a search online, but if anyone has any information to share, please do!!! :flower:

I'm looking for one for mine.

I need something that can take the everyday trip of going from home to school to coffee shop to work to library and back home, but at the same time stylish.

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->