China Chow

WHAT I’M WEARING NOW A cream Jasmin Shokrian dress, Louboutin shoes and a woven bamboo cuff with amethyst pebbles inside that my mother, Tina Chow, designed. With jewelry, I either do it or I don’t. I’m not into little rings and necklaces. STYLE CREDO My style is pretty clean. Classic, but not too conservative. I like architectural details, like pleating, or Lanvin’s one large ruffle. And I tend to gravitate towards black, gray, cream and navy. If I do color, it’s bright. I never wear pastels. Ultimately, I try not to wear anything that would make me cringe in five years.

STYLE ICON My grandmother — the way she dresses is so effortless and chic. The other day she had on a simple gray men’s cardigan that she’d had for 35 years, and she looked great. I always ask myself, “Would my grandmother think this is very strange?”

FAVORITE ITEMS My mother’s jewelry. The longer I live with it, the more I appreciate the workmanship.

CURRENT OBSESSIONS Leather pouches by Clare Vivier — no relation to Roger. She makes them in all different sizes and colors, and you throw them in your handbag. I also love Nancy Gonzalez’s box clutches and Denis Colomb’s cashmere shawls. They come in all different weights and the most beautiful colors. I’m thinking about which one to get. I try to be considerate about what I’m bringing into my home. As I get older, I want to streamline. If there’s something I want and I can’t figure out how to wear it in more than one way, I don’t buy it.
source | nytimes

she was wearing this amazing white neck piece in the third episode of work of art. can anyone ID it? it was made of feathers or chiffon maybe...?

She was recently on an episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon - I'm watching it now on my DVR. :smile: She wore an amazing billowy purple dress with black YSL suede shoes and a giant silver gear bracelet.

I love that this thread is still alive. I've been fascinated with her ever since I saw her in Vogue around 1993 then soon found out she was at Scripps, and in the same year as my cousin.

Is the top she's wearing in the art show pics above the same as the one in post #70? Love it.

ysl-dinner10.jpg

wwd

its hard to tell.. she seems to be friendly/affectionate with different men
IMG_5802.jpg
IMG_5798.jpg

bfanyc

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momosdiary