Chloé F/W 2020.21 Paris

She HAS to change up the styling.. looks the same as other seasons. Horrible shoes like always.

I always have a soft spot for Chloe, I really enjoy the clothes after looking at the HQ photos. I don't know about the shoes, but the details of the clothes are very nice, the collar details, the pleats and the embroideries, the proportion and the length of the outerwear.
Plus, I want those bracelet so bad !!!

I don’t know why, but after her first few seasons (which where perfect in my opinion) her collections started to blend in with each other. Nothing feels exciting anymore. There are a few nice dresses here, but the rest looks like last season and the season before and so on...
She needs to change it up a bit more.

This collection has a very distinctive look that has been prevalent for several years now. It's in the Loewe school of fashion. It's a textbook formula that has become mainstream and also irrelevant, especially when it doesn't belong to you. This look belongs to JW Anderson. It's always blatantly obvious when someone tries to play copycat. We are finally seeing a shift in fashion this season with the return of Bourgeois Glamour. The lack of innovation and originality made this look like a collection from two years ago. She has nothing left to say. She is very lucky she can ride on bag sales. It makes one wonder why she is still here?

Does she even know other color palette than this nude one? Some looks are ok, but honestly this is so uninspiring and dated. Not even the accessories can save this collection

Miles better than her previous collection, but still nowhere near the beginning of her tenure at Chloe. Natacha cuts an incredible pant, designs great shirts and outerwear but can't seem to project a complete Chloe woman or create a hit accessory if her life depended on it. She'd be better suited at a smaller brand that relies mostly on ready-to-wear, I think.

I’m rooting for Natacha and I really like this collection. It was very calm, very Chloe in the spirit of Karl but much more grown. Very beautiful pieces, easy to wear and that are timeless.
She is doing the best she can do in the frame she has to work with. Chloe is not a very risk-taking house as we have seen over the years. Paolo Melin Anderson tried, I loved it but the Chloe clientele was not ready for that. I thought that a decade later and with taste evolving, the Chloe woman’s taste might have evolved but the changes of direction from Natacha proved the contrary...

I’m glad she ditched the « C » bag but the footwear wasn’t that great. But tbh, considering the cast, I wasn’t mad she gave boots.

It’s a very good Chloe collection. For me Natacha is the most talented female designer at the helm of a big house in Paris right now. I don’t feel like Chloe is good enough for her to explore her talent but she is learning in dealing with the realities of such a house. I want her to stay at Chloe right now but I’m very curious to see what she can do elsewhere.

Last edited:
Still beautifully made but this collection lacks a certain" je ne sais quoi" that i associate with this wonderful house...I'd like to have seen a slightly more expressive color palette to lift the clothes ...Kool bags though...Not a bad collection but not great either ...

Last edited:
I always have a soft spot for Chloe, I really enjoy the clothes after looking at the HQ photos. I don't know about the shoes, but the details of the clothes are very nice, the collar details, the pleats and the embroideries, the proportion and the length of the outerwear.
Plus, I want those bracelet so bad !!!
What bracelet?

It's very pretty but her pre-fall was much stronger in terms of aesthetics + commerciality.

One of her better collection. Even though I'm not very keen on her design language, I think her collection is very Chloe in spirit and very easy and stylish to wear. I still think that she's got lots of skills and it shows in the clothes. This collection, the proportion is great. Clothes feel less cluttered. But the biggest problem I have with her is still in the accessories department. Those shoes and bags.. yeah she better change her accessories directors.

The latter section of the show is not at all bad, but the daywear was just as banal as whatever Slimane is planning to present in a couple days. I do wonder if she's impeded to present anything that's not in this baby blue, olive, taupe and beige palette which reminds me too much of my mother's toiletries and shower curtains.

I would like to see if Jacquemus taking over Chloé will finally rid us of him the same way Wang's Balenciaga stint sent his reductive a** back to oblivion.

Her clothes are a whole lotta nothing. So much going on but none of it means anything and it’s really so predictable in its “cool” factor. A lot of lip service is paid to female empowerment and women creatives and artists in the Vogue review....but it all amounts to something rather pitiful and shallow.

I really find this whole Ghesquiere-and-his-alumni reign more annoying with each passing season.

Trying my luck here—does anybody know the name of this Rita Ackermann piece?

IMG_9080.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamal2isgood
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->