Chloé F/W 08.09 Paris

looking at those detail shots, i am all the more in love with this collection...it's superb imo. :wub:

im sure we will see him somewhere , he is talented but his aesthetic was to minimalistic and edgy for chloe.

Oh I LOVE the shoes!!!!!

It's really too bad Paolo is fired...I kind of liked what he was doing with Chloe.

It's really too bad Paolo is fired...I kind of liked what he was doing with Chloe.

I second that, I really started to like him.. :huh:

And the collection is great, I love it & just can't get enough! As Edita Vilkeviciute said: music fantastic, catwalk fantastic, clothes fantastic, everything fantastic. Oh, and the shoes fantastic as well! :lol: :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this collection so much. it is so girly,romantic and cool. and i miss Paolo so much.

I think it's the best Chloe collection :heart:

Full Show | World Fashion Channel | EXCLUSIVE | HQ

Thank you Christian.. I used to have this on my ipod, superb collection.. I don't think people really grasped its impact at the time.. I love how a lot of the materials and overall styling that he put out are still going strong now and everywhere to be seen.. in a way I feel that he understood the Chloé girl much better than anyone I can remember, because it wasn't that much about wearing pretty garments that respond to current trends and a defined line of legacy (which is a great thing to do anyway) but being forward and slightly experimental while still projecting the conventionality of a legendary house, and leaving an impression based on all of that.. which is probably more confusing than pleasant at first glance, this thread's good proof!.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd loved Paulo's aesthetic since day one, I feel like he was a good fit for Chloe. I really miss his collections and I find myself going back and looking at them more than any other designer for the house. This was probably my favorite collection of his for the house, from the prints to the shoes to the tights. I just don't understand how they let him go after making this collection :cry:

The shoes were pretty, especially the bright blue pair on Siri Tollerod, the handbags looked interesting and the randomly cut jackets were nice, but the navy blue on the majority of the clothes did nothing for me, there's something Prada-esque about some of the pieces?
I absolutely detest that fur jacket, and not because it's fur - I can tolerate fur as long as it's tastefully done, but not that jacket with that dress, or that jacket at all, it's simply foul.

Although it was big on the 'Art' trend for Spring/Summer I wasn't really struck with Chloe that season either.

I clearly didn't know what I was talking about here - this is a really beautiful collection and this is how I imagine the Chloe girl. The embellishments, the cute, extremely wearable little skirts, the coats, the wispily cut dresses, they're all divine and extremely well executed.
How ever - how.ever. did they make the decision to replace this man with Hannah McGibbon? They must have been out of their minds!
I'm hoping Chloe is heading back in this direction, because I miss this quality of design.

I miss this Chloe. It was the epitome of quirky. And good charming quirky, not wannabe hipster quirky. I think Paolo was slightly ahead of his time because I remember how everyone easily dismissed his work during his time at Chloe. And the fact that people were so obsessed with Philo didn't help.

Where is Paulo now? I truly miss him in the fashion world, he was so far ahead of the times and was/is my favorite Chloe designer the house had ever had.

I think it's safe to say Paulo is like the..Fight Club(ikr) of the fashion world-massive cult following.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->