Chloé F/W 08.09 Paris

^^^^ so what , facchinetti was at gucci for 2-3 seasons than sacked , lars was at bill blass for a couple seasons than canned ,sometimes for the stability of the brand , ceos dont fire the designer after the first season because they fear that would make the house lose credibility.

Another thing all chloe girls , myself included were and will always be fond of phoebe philo , doesnt mean we wont give new designers a chance but you have to know your customer thats all , thats what made old chloe such a success.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess i did assume thigns and i didnt mean to be rude, well i did but thats only because i thought you were doing the same.

That's OK. :flower:

I'm sorry if I came across as rude, too; I certainly didn't mean to.

It just seemed from your posts that you were into the phoebe girl, where as the deffinition of the chloe girl is really up to interpretation. Im sorry i sounded so rude.

That's OK - no harm done! :smile:

i think marni is anything but uptight. Marni is perhaps the most artful brand in milan imo. Personal sexy i mean instead of being overtly sexy. its bringing on a new type of sexy with a new image.
thats what i meant.

So the person is sexy, themselves, not so much via the clothing? Is that what you mean?

sorry for being rude.
i guess we just have different ideas or im completely misunderstanding you. I just feel as though the customer as a whole didnt give PAM the fair chance he deserved and i guess i was taking it out on the person who was most verbal about this.

sorry

Really, don't worry about it. :flower: Whether we have different views, or not, we are both entitled to them. :smile:

As I say, I have been blunt about his work in previous threads, I admit, but that was before I realised that if there had been a mistake made, it wasn't by him.

So the person is sexy, themselves, not so much via the clothing? Is that what you mean?
No, i just mean theres a new sort of sex. Like i dont think eroticism is limited to skin bearing or chiffon blouses and mini's anymore
theyre just appealign to a different type of woman but think theyre anything but stiff and uptight... you know what i mean?
they seems very art inspired, but perhaps your referring to the construction of the clothes rather the the image as a whole?

i miss phoebe too... its not that girly anymore!
he trys a more strong and cool chloe girl.

but this season its a litlle bit girlier again but also too much elegance...

where is phoebe now??? I know she had a second kid , but will she start her own line???

No, i just mean theres a new sort of sex. Like i dont think eroticism is limited to skin bearing or chiffon blouses and mini's anymore

Well, nor do I and I never have - I think what's generally considered to be sexy clothing can include a lot of very diverse things. :smile:

In fact, I would put chiffon blouses and mini-skirts fairly low down on my list of sexy clothing; as although they are obviously sexy, I don't think Chloe has ever been about truly overt sexuality.

But I guess I have, personally, never, ever, found Marni clothing to be remotely sexy, in any way at all; in fact, I didn't even think, for one moment, that they were even going for sexy?

Put it this way, I can't imagine a stylist saying to their client; 'We need to make you look sexy; here's some Marni.'. :unsure:

theyre just appealign to a different type of woman but think theyre anything but stiff and uptight... you know what i mean?

they seems very art inspired, but perhaps your referring to the construction of the clothes rather the the image as a whole?

I'm referring to the construction, yes, but also to the typical Marni colour choices and any jewellery/embellishments involved; all, generally, seem very stayed and asexual, to me.

In fact, I have always thought that quiet, understated and asexual (often with an Arts and Crafts feel) was exactly the look they were going for? :unsure:

As a woman, they're the sort of clothes I would choose to wear if I was concerned that people wouldn't take me seriously if I wore anything remotely flirtatious, or if I was travelling on foot through a rough neighbourhood and had to wear R-T-W!

This is, obviously, just my personal impression, of course and I totally appreciate that your impression of Marni is very different. :smile:

I was disappointed with Chloé this season - I much preferred the style last winter! :(

i feel a little put out by this collection...
but Paulo Andersson had a lot to live up to after the fabulosity that was SS08

really?
i always thought marni was all about having fun in an artful way...

I'm so pleased there is a return to feminity and less scandic minimalism with this Chloe collection! I love the ruffled blouses and dresses with prints.

Agree! I haven't seen anything TDF yet, but this is much closer ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->