Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2005 Paris

this is real couture. i guess he's trying to attract all those dior clients he scared away with that last overly-commerical collection to pay ten times as much and get it made-to-measure. i think that this collection will be wildly popular among those who can afford it.

The video is up at Dior.com....and well, what can I say..I prefered the pictures :huh:

The rockband totally sucked an did not fit the mood of the collection at all, but when the violins played at the second part I felt like I was dreaming :blush: The models were walking so dreamy, the music was so dreamy and when you concentrate on the clothes you feel like you are being lifted up. And then comes the 3rd part, hard-rock: what the hell? Totally unsuitable....plus this guy in the audience was irritating me because his leg was in the picture constantly and he wore white pants so it was really there. Also I felt that they should have used spotlights on the girls and soft dimmed coloured lights over the runway, cause it irritated me that the floor and the audience was so obviously there....and before anybody judges me, this is the first time I've watched a Dior/Galliano show without the setting we have grown custom to :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr-Dale said:
The video is up at Dior.com....and well, what can I say..I prefered the pictures :huh:

The rockband totally sucked an did not fit the mood of the collection at all, but when the violins played at the second part I felt like I was dreaming :blush: The models were walking so dreamy, the music was so dreamy and when you concentrate on the clothes you feel like you are being lifted up. And then comes the 3rd part, hard-rock: what the hell? Totally unsuitable....plus this guy in the audience was irritating me because his leg was in the picture constantly and he wore white pants so it was really there. Also I felt that they should have used spotlights on the girls and soft dimmed coloured lights over the runway, cause it irritated me that the floor and the audience was so obviously there....and before anybody judges me, this is the first time I've watched a Dior/Galliano show without the setting we have grown custom to :P
Definitely agree with you on the music. I loved the first two segments, especially the philipp glass piece, the third portion kind of seemed out of place.

I'm glad they do include videos on their site though...things like the fake maternity gown I didn't even notice the shape of from the pics :blink:

The band (first part) sounds like a bad transvestite act. The second part is beautiful, the live show puts the three themes and individual items in a better perspective. I don't think the third part can be considered 'hard rock'... but the band is bad.

The band/music sucked...and it's really funny how Galliano is always portrayed as the star of the show...

i like the band and the music, and i thought it did fit the theme and mood of the show. but that's just me.

How come I can't watch the video? It takes weeks and months before the video is available to me... is there something wrong with my computer, or do you guys have special Dior compatible hard drives or something?

ChinaLove said:
How come I can't watch the video? It takes weeks and months before the video is available to me... is there something wrong with my computer, or do you guys have special Dior compatible hard drives or something?

Yes, they can be bought at your nearby Dior boutique, they have some very cute monogram ones in pink for the Asian market too :wink:. I guess your internet connection is working against you, do have a broadband connection? Maybe it's just very busy on the Dior server and you have to try later. :flower:

this is so purple in soooo many ways.

personally i think it's a let down and not a very well put together show.

Sadly, the presentation did nothing for me. There was barely anything I liked....

00050f.jpg
00150f.jpg

00180f.jpg
00190f.jpg

00210f.jpg
00330f.jpg

I'm not sure.. I'd have to say, overall, I don't really like it. Some pieces I do like, but to me it seems so odd, so random. :blink:

Just saw the full runway video on dior.com and I love this collection even more. It's spectacular. It thrills me that this is going on right here, right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->