Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

I have to say you bring up a great counter-argument on the issue. I will admit, you are correct in stating the freedom to express opinions, and I shouldn't have shamed anyone of that.

some speak about galiiano as it is someone good, "he's doing his job"...please, can others professionals of fashion simply "do their job" ? in this circle, everybody's supposed to "give the best, all the time", they're supposed to genius as they like to be called so...i mean, do u forget that last seaon, dior wasnt able to have a campaign ? i'm pretty sure galliano simply doesn't care about that. so at the end, designers like him are just here for business, no attention for something artistic or whatever....so at least, i think that saying this collection is LOW COUTURE - BASSE COUTURE, and at least to say it's a mistake, is right...and it's a right to say so

I totally don`t agree with you and i think your comment is really rude.I am a little offended.

It's make-up from an age before there was street whores on earth.

lets not kid ourselves, there is no time before streetwalkers. its the oldest profession on earth.

I have to say, I love the beginning of the collection despite myself. It's totally John Galliano does Ralph Lauren, and i love that that. sure, its not new, but it is a slight departure from what he has been doing season after season after season. of course, the rest of the collection was just the same old. bright clashing satins and beadings. its so unappealing to the eye.

is there anything more subjective than an opinion ? why would u feel offended ? it's ur right to think it's a good collection, it's my to think that's an horror. nothing to add, i don't think u're galliano ^_^

Thats great that it's your opinion, but in your previous post's last sentence, you said that it's "right to say so." That kind of like saying we, who like the collection, are wrong, and that you are correct. A little ironic and slightly oxymoronic? I think not. Listen, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but let's not get carried away. We are not buying couture and quite frankly, are voices do not matter. To eachother, they might, but we don't have any impact on the industry or what Galliano will do. Remember that fashion is like any other industry, it booms and it doesn't boom at times, regardless of worldwide circumstances. I do not understand your comment and agree with the other members. And that is my opinion that I am politely voicing.

Seriously, it's just opinions people. I have mine, you have yours, I'm not going to convince you to change yours, you're not going to convince me to change mine. There's no need to argue back and forth. Just state your opinion and move on.

The problem is that most things posted here are not opinions — they're convictions. And convictions are, sadly, undebatable. The forum is, theoretically, meant for healthy discussion, not just personal statements. :smile:

Back on topic, the collection has grown on me a bit. I'm glad for it, actually, I've been loving the past couture collections, haha.

Dior is awful nowadays. :sick: This collection is sad, hideous, unbearable, disgraceful, terrible, ugly, horrible, shameful, bad, dreadful, distressing...

I don't understand why some people would say they HATE the collection. I agree it was not the strongest couture collection to ring in 2010, but it definitely wasn't horrible.

Dior has established itself with couture, so it's a bit distressing to know that all that potential was not utilized in this collection.

Still a fairly decent collection by Dior, but not as strong as it used to be. Especially with Galliano's direction with Spring/Summer 2007~ Madame Butterfly collection....

I have decided that this is my favourite Couture collection for this season, closely followed by Chanel. It might be old fashioned, but it's really well made, superior detailing and everything is so delicate, the latter perhaps representing a new mood.

In a world with so much concern about how to make the world a better place, and we should all be part of it - how can we hope to combine that with being "perfect" and hard as nails? Should not this love for the world and one another lead to another ideal than the past 5 years of warrior women with no soft/tender spots? This collection appeals to a softer more humane ideal, yet of course unattainable as should fashion always be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I loved this collection and I thought it was a beautiful collection...Cathy Horton has a vaild point. I understand that John wanted to base this collection on past inperations and influences it does not help the women looking for the styles of today. I loved the idea that John used this collection to take us to a different place in time and he did that very well, but she does have a point in noticing that the Haute Couture can not bring in more custormers if the collection seem dated, and this is not just with Dior but all of the Couture House's.

On the other hand I think there is something she is forgeting. While the collection is show one way on the rumway that is not the way real women would wear it. The benifiit of being a haute couture client is that not only are you able to buy these clothes, they can be altered to the way the client wants them. To update some of the garments in this collection, all ot would take is a few simple adjustments. So yes while the collection is not up to date with this 21st century, this things can be changed. As Becca Canson Thrash said " its up to the client to look at the garments and see what would fit them and know what needs to be changed so that they can wear it." So I think the success and relevance is not only on the shoulders of the designer but the client and how they want to wear these garments.

I love the shoes. They are really beautiful. I want them all.

Back on topic, the collection has grown on me a bit. I'm glad for it, actually, I've been loving the past couture collections, haha.
Goodness, for some reason I thought I was at the Chanel thread when I posted this. :ninja:
I still don't care for this collection. :lol:

I absolutely LOVE some of the gowns.

and the rest of the collection is pretty good also, I can't stand people moaning about Galliano when he does an amazing job actually.

Just watched the video. Of course this is nothing ground-breaking but there are some beautiful and wearable clothes here - couture that can be worn more than once and handed down the generations.
For example, the skirts with the tiny pleats are wonderful and I was rather taken with the deepest black gown towards the end.
It's simple with a vague theme but beautiful craftsmanship.

I give it some points with the shoes and the set up and action of the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->