Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2016 Paris

Don't you think it looks a little bit Proenzaschoulerish too? There are some outfits that could've been done by them two or three years ago.

It is very sad to see the most important fashion house like this. Identity crisis at its worst.

Don't get why CEO's let them show this awful bunch of clothes on a catwalk. It's beyond my understanding. Something more discreet, like 15-20 traditional dresses shown in a presentation à la Givenchy would've been more respectable. This is so wannabe... So sad.

And yes, Alber Elbaz or Olivier ar the only designers that can make Dior happen again. And LVMH should give them total control of the brand! Let's trust on designers again!!!!!!! CEO's are ruining fashion and Dior is the best example!!

Worth as Proenza Schouler :rolleyes:
Why it was send on the runway?????
We are speaking about DIOR!!!!
With this Haute Couture collection they will loose a lot of customers! I can't imagine the stars and starlets in this clothes.
Horrible, vulgar, this looks, i can't imagine this as normal r-t-w collection.
What are they thinking about? Why they didn't pick up one good designer? Alber, Olivier ( also if Olivier on the ego trip, who cares at least..)
What will they send on the runway in one month, what kind of r-t-w it will be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you think it looks a little bit Proenzaschoulerish too? There are some outfits that could've been done by them two or three years ago.

It is very sad to see the most important fashion house like this. Identity crisis at its worst.

Don't get why CEO's let them show this awful bunch of clothes on a catwalk. It's beyond my understanding. Something more discreet, like 15-20 traditional dresses shown in a presentation à la Givenchy would've been more respectable. This is so wannabe... So sad.

And yes, Alber Elbaz or Olivier ar the only designers that can make Dior happen again. And LVMH should give them total control of the brand! Let's trust designers again!!!!!!! CEO's are ruining fashion and Dior is the best example!!

Fashion in general is at a turning point , I think its not possible to go any lower, but I have faith after seeing Prada menswear, there are still hope to turn this "angry" way of looking at fashion, the world in general is in bad shape : war, weather and fear ... at least fashion could bring hope and not just smack us in the face with this new "ugly for the sake of being ugly"...

With this Haute Couture collection they will loose a lot of customers! I can't imagine the stars and starlets in this clothes.
?
Do you even know what Jennifer lawrence has been wearing in the last couple of years???

And yes, Alber Elbaz or Olivier ar the only designers that can make Dior happen again. And LVMH should give them total control of the brand! Let's trust designers again!!!!!!! CEO's are ruining fashion and Dior is the best example!!

You said it all! And i would add something more, Dior doesn't need a "creative director". They needs a designer first!
They needs someone who has the skills to make the best from the Ateliers and these type of designers are rare today.

It's sad to see DIOR being like another bag company-turned into fashion brand. Where is the dream, the sensuality, the luxury...THE LUXURY!

Originally Posted by Fashionstuff
?

Don't worry, they will not loose customers. It's Dior Couture and clients will make a lot of modifications (and sometimes they will not look like the runway look at all). If they made it with (the sometimes atrocious) Raf, they can make it with this...

You said it all! And i would add something more, Dior doesn't need a "creative director". They needs a designer first!
They needs someone who has the skills to make the best from the Ateliers and these type of designers are rare today.

It's sad to see DIOR being like another bag company-turned into fashion brand. Where is the dream, the sensuality, the luxury...THE LUXURY!

Don't worry, they will not loose customers. It's Dior Couture and clients will make a lot of modifications (and sometimes they will not look like the runway look at all). If they made it with (the sometimes atrocious) Raf, they can make it with this...

Here is nothing to modificate or better, who will modificate?
This "creations" couldn't be modificated.
I'm not sure they can do one really good gown for some star for some Event , red carpet or similar.
Who will wear it? They need a designer, and really a good one.

this is really regrettable , unflattering silhouettes, bad fitting,what a disaster.
Dior's elegance is missing.

Where are the long dresses? Isn't it required in the Chambre Syndicale rules that a HC collection must include long eveningwear?

Dior would need someone that doesn't start designing from the mere thought of "youthful". These silhouettes that are more reminiscent of NG:s Balenciaga and designers like Prada, Proenza and even No. 21, are not Dior in any way. Dior is rooted in the wasp-waisted feminine and shapely dressing, and while unfashionable at the moment, their designers should be able to make it work or they are not worthy of their jobs.

Raf's last couture (the Flemish collection) was a step to the right direction in terms of drama, modernity and interpretation of the Dior codes, but that collection took skill and taste to happen. It wasn't "just dresses and suits", even though the clothes in that collection were the most simple he ever produced for the house. This collection is just more clothes (that presumably nobody wants to wear as they are).

^I actually think Dior is much more than a wasp-waisted dress. If it was me designing for Dior I would never use that silhouette.

And I agree with Lola701, Dior needs a designer first of all: someone with a clear vision of what he wants to do, someone who knows how to cut a dress and a suit. But the general image of Dior is seriously damaged. The perfume ads (the worst ones), the dresses seen in the red carpet, the collections, the rtw campaigns... and even the shops are 'cheap'. If I were a woman I would never go into a Dior boutique. It needs spark, hope, fashion...

There is no doubt that they have a very taugh decision to make. They need to find someone as soon as possible, and it has to be someone talented. Dior won't have a long-term relationship with a designer like Sarah Burton. It needs a very strong vision, a huge personality... I would've waited and give the reigns of the brand to master Nicolas Ghesquière, cause Vuitton is easier and someone with hype could've made it work too.

They have big and great names in LVMH, I would change some positions. It's never too late.

BTW, it's always disconcerting to see how few pages collections get in the Fashion Spot. HC shows happen twice a year yet they have 80% less pages than any absurd magazine out there. :ermm:

Here is nothing to modificate or better, who will modificate?
This "creations" couldn't be modificated.
I'm not sure they can do one really good gown for some star for some Event , red carpet or similar.
Who will wear it? They need a designer, and really a good one.

In couture, you can always modificate. Sometimes, you can modificate directly with the designer to respect the integrity of the design. You can always change the color or transform a short dress into a long dress or even add sleeves to a sleeveless dress as long as it is possible.

I know that at Chanel HC, they do very little modifications as Karl's designs are very accomodating to the women.

I'm not really interested in the celebs...

I would've waited and give the reigns of the brand to master Nicolas Ghesquière, cause Vuitton is easier and someone with hype could've made it work too.
Nicolas belongs to Chanel darling. Chanel is the ultimate brand. I don't see anything more prestigious or grand than being at the helm of Chanel.
I'm not sure Dior makes dream anymore. The last thing i've bought from the house was the pumps from the Monaco resort...

Nicolas belongs to Chanel darling. Chanel is the ultimate brand. I don't see anything more prestigious or grand than being at the helm of Chanel.
I'm not sure Dior makes dream anymore. The last thing i've bought from the house was the pumps from the Monaco resort...
True. :cool: But Karl will live at least another 60 years :P so Dior wouldn't be too bad for Nicki. Couture by Ghesquière. It wouldn't get any better than that! Although my dream is to see him chez YSL. :heart:

I'm seeing the collection again and it makes me cringe!

I like the colours and now I will go sit in the corner and cry :cry:

This collection simply hurts my eyes. I see that Galliano's over the top couture was certainly not everyone's cup of tea, however those beautiful art gowns screamed haute couture, they were perfectly designed with a clear concept, they were a-ma-zing! Oh Dear God, how I miss his visionary designs! Beautiful times they were.

This is so bad. It's like they just threw fabric on a form, pinned it, sewed it and called it a look!

f6c554c0-9527-0132-4433-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

I don't think Nicolas would be a good choice for Dior since this brand is a brain-killer. He wouldn't have a lot of freedom there (and he wouldn't have time for leading the whole brand- 6 collections per year etc.), so basically the whole image of Dior would be still seriously damaged. And he wouldn't change Dior Beauty's image. Actually nobody would.

Alber Elbaz comes to my mind when I think about Dior-without-the-king-situation, but it's time to have his own brand. And Dior is too time-consuming. And talent-consuming, too.

This collection simply hurts my eyes. I see that Galliano's over the top couture was certainly not everyone's cup of tea, however those beautiful art gowns screamed haute couture, they were perfectly designed with a clear concept, they were a-ma-zing! Oh Dear God, how I miss his visionary designs! Beautiful times they were.

Galliano is genie. He made really great shows.
Magnificent, maybe too opulent but it was really beautiful,every show was a kind of art.
We'll see what he send on the runway, it will be for sure creative.

Interesting,which kind of show will do Karl.

As far as I know, Raf Simons hasn't exited Dior S.A. and He has remained there as a Consultant, hence why - maybe - this collection has some of his touch and interpetion of the House's archive. I don't care about these clothes at all but God, Sidney and his peers need to get things together as soon as possible.

As far as I know, Raf Simons hasn't exited Dior S.A. and He has remained there as a Consultant, hence why - maybe - this collection has some of his touch and interpetion of the House's archive. I don't care about these clothes at all but God, Sidney and his peers need to get things together as soon as possible.

Where did you learn that? Sounds very unlikely. Consults for the show but he has no saying in the campaign for his last collection? With no Willy and no nothing... Weird.

Edit: Not even Rizzo styled this show, it was Benjamin. I'm 99% sure Raf had nothing to do with this.

Where did you learn that? Sounds very unlikely. Consults for the show but he has no saying in the campaign for his last collection? With no Willy and no nothing... Weird.

That's why He's supposedly a Consultant. Now He doesn't have the last word and can't choose everything as He did before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->