Christian Dior Rtw S/s 2005

Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Oct 5 2004, 12:37 PM
capt.sge.pon90.051004191417.photo00.default-387x257.jpg

:lol: :lol:
[snapback]386530[/snapback]​
:lol:
after seeing all that terrible load, that pic cracked me up :lol: .

I almost fell out of chair when I heard the polish TV called Galliano a master of subtle and feminine style :-)

Another forumite's description of Galliano as the 'damaged freak of the LVHM circus' holds very true here :cry: :sick:

I like it :flower: it's still over the top but he seems to be introducing more toned down elements into the designs :heart:
and I'm set on getting the dior not war shirt now :P :blush:

this is mean, but the peta signs made me laugh :lol: they didn't get into the show did they??

I find it shocking that this collection doesnt shock me at all, the thing's should I feel shocked that I didn't get the shock factor for the season?
Am I missing something here???

Hum ... surprisingly wearable and not the usual Dio-rcus ... will reserve my comments on it by now!

We doesn't like it, it frightens us. :ninja: sherpa-lined capes and those blue straw boots......:sick:

Omg wow, Gemma is gorgeous yet cute and innocent at the same time, stunning, I LOVE this girl :heart:. LOL she got lucky and was spared from the makeup artist. I can't wait to see the video online. I love the Dior not war shirt <3. This collection was better than last reason RTW. Has anyone notice Dior coutore and RTW on the runway are becoming more wearable lately or is it just me?

I love those blue boots...

Galliano scares me. He looks like Puss In Boots from Shrek 2. :ninja:

But the collection is a standout, at least compared to the rest of this season's crap.

awful.....
as tacky as Dior (Galliano) can be, and lacking all those stunning things that Dior could have :rolleyes:

don't think this is toned down.
actually I do like some of his over the top collections, but this one is such a disappointment.

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Oct 5 2004, 08:42 PM
Galliano scares me.  He looks like Puss In Boots from Shrek 2. :ninja:
[snapback]386862[/snapback]​

:woot: puss in boots rocks! :P maybe that's why galliano seems fun to me :ninja: :flower:

oh when can i see the whole collection.?..then i will see whats happened on earth.... :rolleyes:

the heels were not so high as before right?so perhaps this time none of the girls fell :innocent:

For Galliano..this is awfully toned down IMO :lol: Still not liking it.

not bad... much more wearable than the couture show, no surprise there.

I kinda like those boots :ninja:

I LOVE the aqua leather jacket with the flower embellishments. :heart:

I just saw the whole collection at style.com and the thing that stood out the most was that there were no settled models doing the show in the beginning. All un-knowns for me.....

Here's the review from style.com:

PARIS, oktober 5, 2004 – Screeeeech! John Galliano opened his Christian Dior show with the sound of a car revving up and driving off. Was this indicative of a gear change at the house of Dior? While there has been praise lavished on the feats of imagination Galliano conjures for couture, the ready-to-wear hasn't hit the mark, of late. Recent collections have featured some—or more likely all—of the following: rubber fetish suits under evening dresses, scarily high S&M platforms, and lamé rockabilly suits that looked made for a 400-pound Elvis impersonator, all topped off with makeup that was one part kabuki, one part Baby Jane Hudson.
Galliano changed tactics this season. This collection was a riposte to his critics: You want clothes? I'll give you clothes. And as if to underscore that his time at Dior has produced wearable pieces, he proceeded to revive most of them. There were the curvy suits, now recast in bouclé and denim, the Indian-embroidered bloused minidresses, the Tibetan fur vests, the anime/cartoon Dior-logo tees, and multiple variations on his trademark fluttery bias-cut dresses. And not one of the bags he showed with each and every look really stood out. Most looked mundane, minor reworkings of Dior's famous saddle style. In the end, this retrospective simply became retro—a mish-mash mix of old references masquerading as something new.

It's never easy to walk the line between runway and reality. Too much of the former and you're living in a dream world; too much of the latter and what's on the catwalk registers as routine. Galliano has navigated beautifully between those two territories before. He needs to do so again—otherwise he's simply speeding along on the road to nowhere.

– Mark Holgate

I looked at the whole collection...I like it alot...the cuts are great :heart:
the shoes/bags/jewelry are great :woot: :heart:

Wow, very very pleasant suprise :smile: Even if the outfits were put together in ways I wouldn't, there are lots of individual wearable pieces.

Originally posted by tiffany@Oct 5 2004, 08:48 PM
:woot: puss in boots rocks! :P maybe that's why galliano seems fun to me :ninja: :flower:
[snapback]386927[/snapback]​
:lol:

after seeing the whole collection, i must admit that there exist a number of things that fall under the "wearable" umbrella. my problem lies in the fact that most, if not all of those items, look hackneyed and predicatable.

i know it's a catch-22 but other designers seem to do it. it's like galliano has a hot and cold and no in between. perhaps it's time for him to go on another of his research expeditions. (or is it just that the last two couture shows have just shot the dior budget to hell?) :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->