Christian Dior Shoes - General

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 20th, 2003 - 3:28 pm
I agree with trean regarding the tackiness. I don't like these Dior spinoff lines they have going--the Street Chic and Hardcore Dior, especially. I hate how there's a bag, a shoe, a flat, a sandal, a boot, a bracelet, and a necklace in the same motif. It just gets done to death and I know there are women out there who are going to try to buy everything and wear it at once. :sick:

That said, I kinda like the flats that Andora posted originally. But they aren't really my style. I say go to a Dior boutique and buy a boot style that isn't so mass marketed and overdone.
agreed
:flower:

I like the first dior flats, red dior heels and the white mj kitten heels!

Originally posted by Spacemiu+Aug 23rd, 2003 - 12:36 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Aug 23rd, 2003 - 12:36 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-chickonspeed@Aug 20th, 2003 - 3:28 pm
I agree with trean regarding the tackiness. I don't like these Dior spinoff lines they have going--the Street Chic and Hardcore Dior, especially. I hate how there's a bag, a shoe, a flat, a sandal, a boot, a bracelet, and a necklace in the same motif. It just gets done to death and I know there are women out there who are going to try to buy everything and wear it at once. :sick:

That said, I kinda like the flats that Andora posted originally. But they aren't really my style. I say go to a Dior boutique and buy a boot style that isn't so mass marketed and overdone.
agreed
:flower: [/b][/quote]
Yeh... Its so sickening, thinking about Dior when John first started, everything was so beatiful, he really made price worthy pieces, and hmm, gorgeous things, but suddenly he went bananas with all that oriental and all that crap that is so overdone...his shoes are all the same, maybe the material changes a bit, so, why bothering making them if you already have something that looks like it, no one is going to buy it again :wacko: ..poor Galliano :(

Originally posted by Alejandro+Aug 25th, 2003 - 9:40 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Aug 25th, 2003 - 9:40 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Spacemiu@Aug 23rd, 2003 - 12:36 am
<!--QuoteBegin-chickonspeed
@Aug 20th, 2003 - 3:28 pm

agreed
:flower:
Yeh... Its so sickening, thinking about Dior when John first started, everything was so beatiful, he really made price worthy pieces, and hmm, gorgeous things, but suddenly he went bananas with all that oriental and all that crap that is so overdone...his shoes are all the same, maybe the material changes a bit, so, why bothering making them if you already have something that looks like it, no one is going to buy it again :wacko: ..poor Galliano :( [/b][/quote]
I have to agree those Hardcore and Street Chic ones are tacky. Striclty NO LOGOS for me.

While the Oriental influence is nothing new to fashion, I think how John brought it in and made it, in his Spring '03 HC collection, he made it all his own. I mean you can see it, even when the clohtes are off the runway. Plus it wasn't all about Asia, there were some Grace Kelly-style skirts and Urban Grit elements. John is the best, and I wish him all the luck in the future. :wink:

Dior 'Latest Blonde' shoes are cool, with bag and choker to match. :P

I'm confused...why does Galliano always use Manolo's shoes instead of his own on the catwalk?

The first pair are okay...not sure about the other two though...

I love the first pair. The heel and the arch are beautiful on it. The toe on the second pair turns me off. The Prada ones look like they would be quite comfortable with that heel. The DG ones are cute...but after seeing the snakeskin Dior shoes, they don't look like anything special.

DO NOT like the first pair of spectactor pumps at all. the dolce appeal to the me the most out of the lot but i wouldn't get any of those personally.

only ONE:

DOLCE GABBANA. platform is in :wink: and the shape and colors are great for the new season :heart:

i like the first two pairs but i adore the prada. maybe it's the versatility. whereas the first two seem kind of stilted (both literally and in spirit), the pradas seem like a natural match for anything from jeans to bus. casual, maybe even funky evening.

the dolce completely turn me off...but sometimes you just need a basic dolce shoe. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->