The LF McQueen "Tribute" Armadillo Shoe

Reaction score
lf-tribute-alexander-mcqueen.jpg

image from refinery29.com

"LF, sister brand to Jeffrey Campbell, and Queen of Knockoffs, has released images of a distilled version of Alexander McQueen's armadillo shoe, appropriately titled, Tribute. LF's website claims that a portion of the sales will be donated to a charity in honor of the late McQueen. While the real version is the pinnacle of avant garde fashion, there's really no way to make that ish wearable—and any attempts to turn that lobster claw into a mass-brand product will just result in a terrifying bastard child of a shoe that will make fashion people and non-fashion band together in unified revulsion. We say, "Kill it with fire!". The shoe will become available in stores in July."
From refinery29.com

Im shocked, appalled but kind of amazed JC had the guts to do this.

Open for discussion.
What do you think about them.
Like them or hate them?

I love the original but it's a shame about the knockoff.
The knockoff's ugly shape is what's creating the revulsion. :rolleyes:

they should have never made a knock off of this...that shoe is going to be one of the most famous in fashion history.

that knock off belongs to the ugliest shoes thread..without a doubt

gag gag gag gag gaaaaa

instead of gaga gaga aaaa!

sickening!!

It's not really the kind of shoe that needs a "tribute" and the result is awful. Will anyone really wear it? I'm not sure how commercially successful it will be, although I'm sure some people will buy it but I guess it will get the brand publicity (I'd never heard of them before).

A tribute my as*! I love the originals a lot in an unwearable couture kind of way but the knockoff is just silly and awful.
I'm sure some of the bloggers will buy it just to be cool

I appreciate that they attempted it :lol: I'm surprised they thought there was a market waiting to snap this up!

I love the original but the problem is, with such a complicated shoe (both visually and technically) it really does look good on the cheap, like so many other shoes do. It just looks so hilarious - like someone would be walking around with big clumps of coal on their feet.

i dunno i think the knock off is kinda fabulous. I mean they couldnt have made it any higher without it being unwearable......and they maintained the 'claw' shape.

It works. But they probably only put 50 into production anyway :lol:

Did the regular mcqueen ever go on sale? Or was it avialable on special order like these Nina Ricci shoes in 2009?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acctforstylethings
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"