Christian Lacroix F/W 2003.04 Haute Couture

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
I think that when Yves Saint Laurent retired there were a few that kept couture alive and kickin', Galliano, Gaultier and Lagerfeld , and another is Lacroix. Most of us think that his shows looks all the same (true) but that's the show, if you look at every Lacroix garment you'll see true couture craftmanship. He may be un-wearable sometimes but it makes couture live with that knd of experimentation. Most of his designs are out-there and unwearable but if you wear a Lacroix piece with some stuff in your closet it will look great and wearable.

Bravo to this collection! The evening-wear were standouts! :heart:

Note: Though I like Lacroix I would never buy from him; too expensive and has a lot of watered down diffusion lines. :wink:

:wink:

wow, thanks for posting those igni, there is always something special at the Lacroix Couture, loved the very last set of pictures, not my style but I can see the beauty there.. :P

beautiful colours! :heart: Just too frou-frou for me.

:heart: :heart: :heart: THIS IS COUTURE fantasy meets reality art dreams fantastic talent beautiful

Did anyone see the new Lacroix playing cards?

LLaura, yeah i saw them, item o' the week i believe. I can see some very beautiful pieces in this collection but at the same time, to me anyway, I just see a lot of craftsmenship but not a lot of thought behind the pieces. I get the impression it was just like, let's make these really ornate and delicate but then didn't put thought into it. maybe i'm not making sense. some very beautiful pieces, but i'm not drawn to the collection. appreciate the work though.

Originally posted by mehg@Jul 9th, 2003 - 3:50 pm
I just see a lot of craftsmenship but not a lot of thought behind the pieces. I get the impression it was just like, let's make these really ornate and delicate but then didn't put thought into it.

I agree. :neutral: Nothing new and exciting here, imo.

Lacroix is the ultimate colorist. Revisiting these old shows really make me miss the old days when fashion was good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acctforstylethings
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"