Christina Kruse

Thanks, Dean. She still is totally striking.

She would have been perfect at Gucci. What shows are left that are a possibility? :unsure:

^^Is she even in Milan????:unsure:
I would personally love her to do Versace:D I can't really see it but it would be great.
On that pic from Zac Posen she really doesn't look any different than she did say 10 years ago:shock: So I don't see why most designers couldn't use her.:huh:
At this stage Tyler I would be happy to see her in almost any show.

Dolce Gabbana, JPG and Versace would be possible, she walked these shows very often, Dolce about 10 times and Versace about 12 times, included HC :wink:. But I don't think that she will appear in Europe :smile:

Would love to see her at Versace. Donatella should revive a ton of 90's models for a reunion show-Christina, Naomi, Kirsten, Rhea, Erin, Shalom, Amber, Linda, Stella, Kristen, etc. etc. :lol:

Would love to see her at Versace. Donatella should revive a ton of 90's models for a reunion show-Christina, Naomi, Kirsten, Rhea, Erin, Shalom, Amber, Linda, Stella, Kristen, etc. etc. :lol:

Oh yes that would be great indeed!:woot: You forgot about Claudia! She should open the show, but i guess Versace wouldn't be able to afford all the supermodels in days of economic crisis :doh::lol:

:bounce::buzz:Stop,stop,stop,stop that kinda talk:shock: you getting my heart pumping just a little bit too fast now.:wink:
How good would that be though????:D

Source | The New York Times | Sunday, March 8th

Having spent too much time idling in hotel rooms, Christina Kruse, the hauntingly beautiful German model, decided in the mid-’90s to take up a hobby. So she bought a Mamiya camera and became her own guinea pig, dressing up as different characters and posing for herself. Then she began gluing the photos into travel journals (or “Reisebuchs,” as she calls them) and creating intricate collages that elegantly combined gouache and newsprint, colored tape and metallic paper. “They became like a language I had with myself,” she said.

Nowadays, Ms. Kruse has a studio in Brooklyn and a costume closet the size of a small bedroom. Her photos have been published in Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar and Interview; and last week, her first solo show in the United States opened at Steven Kasher Gallery in Chelsea. On view is a range of evocative, often amusing self-portraits and collages, as well as “Reisebuch 1-5,” her limited-edition artist’s book, painstakingly self-published in Germany. So much for free time. As she noted, “It took forever to do them.”

Christina Kruse runs through March 28 at Steven Kasher Gallery, 521 West 23rd Street; (212) 966-3978.

I love that collage! Really cool idea. Thanks MMA. :wink::flower: Wish I was able to attend her gallery showing. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Seems not:(

MMA thanks for the pics and the info about her gallery showing.:flower:
Looks great........clever, cool, effective and funnyB)

ckshow.jpg

Christina Kruse is perhaps best known for her work as an international supermodel throughout the nineties. This exhibition launches the publication of Reisebuch 1-5, Kruse’s limited edition artist’s book, and will feature other significant recent work by Kruse including photographs, photo collages illuminated in watercolor and other media, and a series of photograms. Text and photo by Gavin Doyle
At Steven Kashner Gallery, 521 West 23rd Street 2nd Floor New York, NY 10011 through March 28th, 2009.
Check out Christina Kruse in Purple Naked, Purple Fashion Magazine #11

purple-diary.com

OMFG.......thanks for the link saturnine:flower:
What a stunning editorial and fantastic location too:woot:
Love the 2nd and 4th shots especially.:heart:

From Muse #18 S/S 09
Christina Kruse
Photography by Richard Kern / Christina Kruse

scanned by me

I'd love to see more of her art/photography... anyone have any pics ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diankapipipu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->