Christopher Kane And Versus Part Ways

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
CHRISTOPHER KANE is parting ways with Versus. The Scottish designer helmed the Versace sister line since 2009.

The Italian fashion house plans to completely overhaul the label, ceasing the production of seasonal collections, reports WWD. Going forward, capsule ranges will be designed by Donatella Versace in collaboration with emerging designers and creative talents.

"This is a very exciting development for Versus and I'm thrilled to be engaged in such a major shake up of the fashion world's rules. I want to thank Christopher for his contribution to Versus over six seasons, during which I have been able to appreciate his extraordinary talent," said Donatella. " Working with young talented people, and see them grow and develop as I have seen Christopher do over these years, is one of the most rewarding parts of my work. I wish him all the best for the development of his own line. He will always have my total support."

A spokesperson for the brand confirmed that the partnership ended by mutual agreement, with no termination of contract.

"I am so grateful to Donatella Versace for her support and the incredible opportunities she has given me," Kane told WWD. "I respect her enormously and have learned so much from her. I have loved and appreciated working with her and will always be indebted to her. I am excited about the new Versus strategy, but the time has come to dedicate all my focus to the future of the Christopher Kane label."

Kane was this morning forced to deny reports that emerged over the weekend to suggest that he was set to succeed Nicolas Ghesquière as creative director of Balenciaga.

"Rumours surrounding Christopher Kane's appointment as creative director of Balenciaga are unfounded," a spokesperson for the designer told us. A representative on behalf of Balenciaga declined to comment.
vogue.co.uk

I guess this is why the Kane/Balenciaga rumours started...hm.

Very interesting. Glad to see Kane separate with Versus, but not to the detriment of Balenciaga. I have a feeling this will be an interesting week.

that's a very exciting direction they're taking with versus! not sad to see christopher kane go as his collection for versus were getting very predictable.

Yeah, but Versus wouldn't make all these changes just because Kane was leaving for Balenciaga, right?

And this news will inflame the rumors about the possibility of Christopher signing with Balenciaga...

It's funny, I would have considered that he was wanting to focus on his own brand.

Awe, but I loved his involvement with Versus. Some incredible pieces there.
You know the Balenciaga rumors aren't just rumors at this point with this announcement. If so, I hope they're true!

His work at Versus was nothing great to be honest. It was a good reinvention at the beginning but, like someone else noted, he became very predictable.
I still don't find the idea of him at Balenciaga very appealing. He just strikes me as too 'trendy' to be replacing someone like Ghesquire. And does he really have the technical expertise to lead a legendary house like Balenciaga? I doubt it.

Versus lost his best designer ever, I hope we'll see Kane's wonderfull work in Balenciaga.

I remember once Donatella said she wants Christopher forever and also as her successor ... interesting.

Mod note: Please keep the discussion on topic, we are discussing Kane's departure from Versace (not him in Balenciaga) Thank you. :flower:

I think he was a good match for Versus, I loved the stuff he did there.

Ill have to admit Im loving the new direction for this difussion line. Go, Donatella!

Will be interesting to see what this Versus "overhaul" produces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annejudy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->