Christopher Kane Capsule Collection for Topshop

I bought the body suit, wore it once and it's completely shredded!! Like cheap laddered tights. Anyone else had that problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the bandeau dress online ages ago but only just got it as I've been away. Can't send it back as it's been longer than the 14day return period so may have to put it on ebay as it doesn't fit. Gutted though as it's really nice.
christopherkanedresssmall.jpg

^^ I actually think that this is the nicest dress in the collection and the only one that fitted me nicely. What size is the dress, if you are thinking of selling it? They have given me refunds before when they have been over the due date, if you explain your circumstances they might very well refund.

That dress is seriously hideous! But i think the entire collection for topshop looks cheap and really nasty, you will look back on pictures of yourself wearing that dress and think, 'what on earth was i doing'

vanwood said:
That dress is seriously hideous! But i think the entire collection for topshop looks cheap and really nasty, you will look back on pictures of yourself wearing that dress and think, 'what on earth was i doing'

I find your comment to be nasty.

vanwood said:

Yes and hopefully you'll look back on that comment of yours and lighten up! It's only a dress! And I'm not Christopher Kane. Maybe you should forward your delightful comments to him? I believe it's [email protected]

Thanks innocentfairy it's UK10 still tagged and everything. I've emailed topshop but I reckon they'll say no....who knows.

K
xx

dontlookatme! said:
I bought the body suit, wore it once and it's completely shredded!! Like cheap laddered tights. Anyone else had that problem?

yes, unfortunately, but i had mine caught on someone's ring - different situation I guess. But put some clear nail varnish on it, hopefully it should stop it laddering any further. :flower:

Hye Park Lover said:
yes, unfortunately, but i had mine caught on someone's ring - different situation I guess. But put some clear nail varnish on it, hopefully it should stop it laddering any further. :flower:
Good plan but it's covered in ladders so i'll end up with big shiny lines all over. I'm so sad because it looks great. I think I'm just gonna have to wear it out till it's completely wrecked then lay it to rest in the depths of my wardrobe! I've still got a couple more wears left I think! I'll have to choose the occasions carefully!
:huh:

dontlookatme! said:
Yes and hopefully you'll look back on that comment of yours and lighten up! It's only a dress! And I'm not Christopher Kane. Maybe you should forward your delightful comments to him? I believe it's [email protected]

Thanks innocentfairy it's UK10 still tagged and everything. I've emailed topshop but I reckon they'll say no....who knows.

K
xx

Lol, good reply!

Aah! I would need a UK12 in this because they tend to run a bit smaller, normally I am a UK10 though. You never know, they might refund - if not, I am sure you will sell it on eBay! :flower:

I personally find this collection to be very unappealing. I can see what he was trying to do but to me it all seems incredibly flimsy and the garishness IMO just screams too 'calculated'.

I actually have two dress from the top shop collection- and they look so cute on and gotton a ridiculous amount of compliments on them!!

Does anyone know if this dress is still available? I' desperatley looking for it everywhere. TIA! pic from topshop

Attachments

• 25C01QNUD_large.jpg
    25C01QNUD_large.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 12
I personally find this collection to be very unappealing. I can see what he was trying to do but to me it all seems incredibly flimsy and the garishness IMO just screams too 'calculated'.

It doesn't seem to translate that well in a lower price-point

Call me crazy, but I feel like some wear and tear on these dresses would actually look quite cool... Something about the frilly lace and 80's techno zipper begs for some shreds and tears.

I ordered the bandeau dress online ages ago but only just got it as I've been away. Can't send it back as it's been longer than the 14day return period so may have to put it on ebay as it doesn't fit. Gutted though as it's really nice.
*please do not quote images*

I still want this dress in a UK12 :( Never came across one on eBay either...

Last edited by a moderator:
it's true!!!!!

from wwd...

TOPSHOP'S NEW WARES: Topshop is lining up its designer collaborations for spring. In mid-January, the store will launch capsule collections by London-based designers Jonathan Saunders and Louise Goldin. Saunders' collection will include black and gray jersey T-shirts and dresses adorned with his signature geometric prints in turquoise and red, while Goldin's will feature intarsia knit dresses woven in bright blues, reds and oranges. While Saunders will leave London to show his mainline collection in New York in February, a spokeswoman for Topshop said the brand still plans to sponsor his show there as part of its New Generation program. And in time for London's own fashion week in February, Topshop will introduce a further round of capsule collections from London designers Christopher Kane, Marios Schwab, Todd Lynn and Richard Nicoll, which will arrive in stores Jan. 28.

Oh nevermind Christopher Kane, this is great news and I'm far more excited about the arrival of Jonathan Saunder, Louise Goldin, Marios Schwab, Todd Lynn and Richard Nicoll's collections. Hey wait, isn't that every designer but Christopher Kane?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitas46
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->