Christopher Kane S/S 10 London

honeycombchild

Reaction score
**And oddly, all of the models have been allowed to select their own looks to wear in the show.

The hair is pulled into a loose side bun with stray pieces falling out, and is simple and puritanical with a twist. As if “she’s on her way to church and met a boy and had an encounter”. Ooh er.
Grazia Daily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Models allowed to select their own looks to wear in the show sounds very interesting! :woot::shock:

This will be the best styling of the season if Iek & Hanne are on the show :lol:

Some of the inspiration came from dolls it would seem, there's inspirational images of dolls being used anyway.. and the make-up is "a bit weird" Grazia says. Ha.

I'm dying to see this. You have to be pretty confident about your work if you allow the models to style it.

I don't think they're styling it as such, I think they've chosen the pre-styled look they want to wear? Although who knows!

uk-fashionglam.com Via Slow-hands.

Either that's the weird make-up Grazia's mentioned, or they're dying her brows..?

model choosing their look? haha this should be good. I wish the show was stremed live....

Superstar designer Christopher Kane’s show is the one nobody can bear to miss – and it felt just as exciting as we wanted it to today as we took our seats along the way from Anna Wintour, Philip Green and Donatella Versace – all sitting and chatting fashion together. Joan Collins was there too – we wondered what she’d look like in one of Kane’s masterpieces – the famous gorilla dress maybe?
So what did Kane come up with this time? This, ladies and gentleman, shall become known as the check collection. Blue, pink, or brown and white tablecloth checks made up pencil skirts with splits over each thigh or dresses with chiffon panelled bra cups and cutaways over the waist or under the arms.
These were deliciously pretty milkmaids, but Kane’s tailoring skill was emphasised via nude chiffon bodywork to bring the collection to a higher level of sophistication – while high waisted skirts below girlish checked tops with short gathered sleeves were perfect flirting material.
Loose cashmere tops had the same flesh-glimpsing cutaways, or came prim and tight featuring the same baby pink and white check. It was a clever combination of structure with fluidity accentuated by lightly pleated skirt panels that rippled as the models walked – and it got even better when pale yellow, blue and nude chiffon was embroidered with white sequinned florals for beautifully light dresses whose femininity was accentuated when combined with expertly tailored blazers.
“I loved it,” said Ruth Chapman of Matches after the show. “The pink was just gorgeous.” And head buyer Bridget Cosgrove agreed : “He’s so clever to do something so different again, it was really fresh,” she said. “I saw the pre collection and it was lovely, but nothing like this. I love the way he fits the clothes to the body so expertly but then opens it out below the waist – it’s so pretty and so wearable. He’s brilliant.”

Vogue.com

Ahh, reading it before seeing it makes it even worse! I tend to imagine it much prettier than it comes out in the end. :D

The tablecloth checks thing sounds bad, but I like what they're saying about it. Cant wait to see it!!!

The review sounds great already, it makes me looking forward to see the pics even more! and..Jenny Shimizu?! :heart::buzz: That's what i call a fashion week surprise ^_^

Ahh, reading it before seeing it makes it even worse! I tend to imagine it much prettier than it comes out in the end. :D

Don't you just hate that!? :lol: I have a lovely image in my head, but once the first photo comes out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->