Clare Vivier handbags

CarolineRose

Reaction score
I did a search for this line but couldn't find a thread about it, let me know if one exists already!

From the See Vivier website:

"CLAREVIVIER is a collection of bags, which embody timeless style over trend, quality over hype, and progression over abstraction. Clare was a journalist working for French television when she was traveling a lot with her laptop and for lack of anything cute in the marketplace, fabricated her own padded envelope. Out of that search for bags with chic utility came CLAREVIVIER. The line is based in LA, and everything Clare doesn't manufacture herself, is produced entirely Burbank and proudly wears the moniker "locally made." CLAREVIVIER is a socially conscious company, mindful of the local manufacturing community for the jobs it produces and the low carbon footprint the company inhabits. All CLAREVIVIER bags carry Clare signature style of classic necessity with a nod to timeless French designers. Clare also works as in-house bag and packaging designer for local luxury companies such as the Viceroy hotels and Mannin jewelry."

I personally love the style of these handbags. I bought the navy Messenger Tote in February and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. I am ROUGH on my bags and this one is holding up perfectly and still looks brand new. But when I bought it six months ago, it was $240 and I had a 25% off code from Daily Candy so it came to around $180 with shipping. She's gotten a lot of press this summer (mention in Glamour magazine, partnering with Target, etc.) so is obviously raising the prices :( There's an attached coin purse now, but that's not worth the $105 price raise!
291gly8.jpg

The "signature" bag, La Trop:
2gsolz9.jpg

I LOVE this but it's soooo impractical . . .
x6bjmp.jpg

and this one is so cute, it just makes me smile.
nl20ia.jpg

I think the style of her bags is lovely and the quality is amazing! I might pay to have my messenger lined in the future just to protect it a little more and have a phone pocket. But I've carried it every day for six months . . .

images are my screencaps of seevivier.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pictures of new bags that will be released soon. I especially adore the black pebbled leather!
ezeoux.jpg

5peow0.jpg

m8n11j.jpg

images from seevivier.blogspot.com

I really appreciate her classic designs. I was looking for a good quality bag recently, and this near the top of my list. I ended up getting something else, but I might still get one of hers when I have more money. :P It's really hard to find luxurious, beautiful, but classic designs.

Actually quite nice designs. I like the way she works functionality into her aesthetic and the leathers all look lovely with I think, quite a fair price point.

I still love the bags, but the prices keep going up :( and customer service is really bad, they must be swamped with the rapid expansion. I've emailed the address given on their website THREE times with questions over the past year and never gotten a response. One of my best friends owns a Trop and has emailed and called multiple times - nothing. I get that small companies might be overwhelmed while growing, but I for one am not going to buy from CV again until they can answer the (reasonable) questions I have about their products! I'm really disappointed since I love the aesthetic of the line so much.

I have just discovered these bags now and am totally lusting after the St Trop! The messenger tote looks great too.

To anyone who has got the bags are they holding up well??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->