Classifieds for Fashion Jobs / Careers ... Where to Search for a Job?

Does anybody know how to look for job openings within some of the higher profile companies/brands? Marc Jacobs, YSL, Alexander McQueen, etc. Companies like that usually don't list openings on their website so how are you suppose to know about any potential positions available? Is it strictly word of mouth?

Many of the worthwhile ones are word of mouth. I wouldn't say strictly though. Fashion as always is very much reliant on contacts. That's not to say they won't appear on other job classifieds (like the WWD Careers one, I've seen some great ones there), you just need to be diligent in checking up on them.

Does anybody know how to look for job openings within some of the higher profile companies/brands? Marc Jacobs, YSL, Alexander McQueen, etc. Companies like that usually don't list openings on their website so how are you suppose to know about any potential positions available? Is it strictly word of mouth?
Its not strictly word of mouth but once you build a network in the industry you will have access to more jobs and people know of you so its easier just like in any other industry. But they always looking outside as well so you can try this site http://www.couturestaff.com/
or www.wwdcareers.com or even http://www.24seventalent.com/index.php
What position you are looking for? What is your experience?
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
online fashion jobs

where can i apply for (legit) online fashion jobs? thanks for your help :smile:

do u mean the jobs u can do online? or just apply online? would be intersted in the first option...

kissmiss: preferrably work at home fashion jobs...is there such a thing? :smile:

kissmiss: preferrably work at home fashion jobs...is there such a thing? :smile:

These days everything is possible... why not I can design at home;-))) or sell stuff from home... ;-)

Hi, a lot of these links are great for the US based job hunters, but there's hardly anywhere that advertises London based internships, or just the UK in general... except the uni of arts website. Anyone know of any more with London based fashion jobs/placements?

on that note, can someone recommend possible avenues for fashion related jobs in berlin? preferably for english speakers. i know this is a stretch, but maybe someone knows of something. thanks!

Fashion Job Search Engines

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a reputable website to search for jobs in the fashion industry? Is there such a thing?

I'm based in London, so would need a UK/European based website.

Thanks!

Merged into existing thread ... see above for suggestions.

This thread is for posting sites that have classified ads or lists for various fashion jobs, in general.

Moving the last 2 posts to the appropriate threads about the topics where someone might have more specific information: Fashion Illustration and Top Public Relations firms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->