Cloak Menswear Fall 05 NYC

no,it is not where it talks about Kino and moskow 80's

sorry,that you don't recognize it ,because I rely you to know it..
if you don't..who else...?

Whimsicalist said:
http://www.hintmag.com/killerinstinct/killerinstinct.html

can someone put pictures here...
I am with windows XP
and there isn't photo editor to print screen

i would appreciate

Hi J., just PM me your e-mail address. I'm sure you know my e-mail address B) . BTW, you can try this imaging freeware by Google:

www.picasa.com

Hope this helps. BTW, I really like your this new username. :wink:
Sorry if this message runs astray from the main theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
please who is going to help me ..
I am still unable to print screen
i am not sure ,that picasa works like photo editor....
I had working very well with windows 98 ..To printscreen some flash shockwave files and to edit the pictures at photo editor...and the jpeg files never exceed 100Kb...
with Windows XP I only can edit them at bitmap,where every picture becomes 3Mb

Whimsicalist said:
please who is going to help me ..
I am still unable to print screen
i am not sure ,that picasa works like photo editor....
I had working very well with windows 98 ..To printscreen some flash shockwave files and to edit the pictures at photo editor...and the jpeg files never exceed 100Kb...

Hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard > Open Microsoft Paint (Start>Accessories>Paint) > Click "Paste" (this should paste the entire screen to it) > Select "Crop" on the menu on the left side (first right, looks like a rectangle) > Crop out what you need using your mouse > Copy and Paste into a new Paint file > Save As (once the file menu pops up, choose "JPG" from "Save as Type" menu.

I'd wear it all. But I wouldn't buy any of it. Plus, I 've never noticed myself look camp in chunky knits and I inherited a touch of my mum's viking axe-maiden shoulders...

at photo editor...and the jpeg files never exceed 100Kb...

Dear Faust,
I hope you see this...
I knew very well this option..but i dont like to have 900kB pictures when I can have max 40Kb

On my other PC there is 98 and photo editor works perfect..

I tryed to download 98 photo editor to windows XP PC which I use now -because the pc with 98 is very small and can't maintain cable internet..

here is another problem

I don't know why but IE can't open flash 6 files and shockwave media..
for ex
I cant open Dubuc,fendi -sites

and mostly because of shockwave diorhomme

where we have AD pics from 2005 s/s collection

Can someone anticipate what's happen' with my Shockwave "apparatus"

when I press Install -then I can't see picture above -starting to redownload shockwave media

Hello all,
This is a great forum, and I wanted to thank all for sharing their knowledge, and experience, a great resource to many.
I wanted to ask if Cloak NY are continuing or did they stop designing. It seems that fewer stores carry Cloak, and even those have much fewer items.
Just wondering ....

i, too, love that turquoise cardigan...i'd want to wear it myself!

i love this outfit..i love the cuffed pants..
that guy has GOT to cut his hair and lose the necklace, though

:wink:

00070m.jpg

jadovski75 said:
Hello all,
This is a great forum, and I wanted to thank all for sharing their knowledge, and experience, a great resource to many.
I wanted to ask if Cloak NY are continuing or did they stop designing. It seems that fewer stores carry Cloak, and even those have much fewer items.
Just wondering ....

On contraire, Cloak is getting ever more popular. What are you basing your statement on?

BTW, everyone - high quality images are up on the website,

http://www.cloakdesign.com I hope that's not old news :lol:

faust said:
On contraire, Cloak is getting ever more popular. What are you basing your statement on?

BTW, everyone - high quality images are up on the website,

http://www.cloakdesign.com I hope that's not old news :lol:
Well, I think there's some truth to what he's saying - a lot of the original retailers that carried Cloak are dropping them. kLm mentioned it in the store he shops in Boston (Louis was it?) while Camouflage has dropped them in NYC, and Atelier isn't carrying as many items. Of course, they're at Opening Ceremony more than ever, esp. with the opening of the new Cloak Store come Fall, but I think their higher pricepoints will cause a readjustment of which stores will carry them going forward. Probably just a transition period, as the make their foray into full designer mode (higher prices and all).

Last edited by a moderator:
baklanyc said:
Well, I think there's some truth to what he's saying - a lot of the original retailers that carried Cloak are dropping them. kLm mentioned it in the store he shops in Boston (Louis was it?) while Camouflage has dropped them in NYC, and Atelier isn't carrying as many items. Of course, they're at Opening Ceremony more than ever, esp. with the opening of the new Cloak Store come Fall, but I think their higher pricepoints will cause a readjustment of which stores will carry them going forward. Probably just a transition period, as the make their foray into full designer mode (higher prices and all).

I think it's a transitional period as well. I was thinking not season to season but on a larger time scale, since they started to now. It's interesting that Camouflage dropped them. BTW, how does that store survive?

Hello Faust, and thanks for your reply to my question. Baklanyc thank you too. I was basing what I asked on what Baklanyc mentioned, and now I know kLm mentioned as well, specifically that Louis Boston is dropping them, and so is Atelier eventually I believe. Thanks for clarifying that they will open a Cloak store. I am no fashion expert, so my opinion may not be very valuable, but Cloak for me are one of the more exciting designers, something that I hadn't felt in some time, probably since the first Raf Simons, Ann Demeleumeester, CCP, and Carpe Diem collections sometime ago. Good to know that their are going strong, and gaining.

faust said:
I think it's a transitional period as well. I was thinking not season to season but on a larger time scale, since they started to now. It's interesting that Camouflage dropped them. BTW, how does that store survive?
With more mainstream brands that are beneath your radar! :wink: Lots of Trovata, Rogan, Duffer and Helmut Lang's more casual styles in the 'Downtown' store (which originally stocked Cloak) as well as Etro, Helmut Lang, Marc Jacobs, Paul Smith, Pringle and Michael Kors in the 'Uptown' store (I love how one is uptown and one is downtown when they're two doors away from each other!). I often take friends there because they have a nice mix of product, and one can always find something interesting and new (they also stock a lot of unknown italian brands that are very high quality). What's nice about them is that they are old enough to have some prestige as a store, and they explore emerging brands quickly. They're one of the first to have stocked Cloak, as well as Belfast, in the city. They may not buy a lot, but they buy first. The buyer actually has his own line, Antonio Branco, in the store, and he's got a good eye.

It's not the same level as the designer-y stuff that we tend to glorify here on TFS, but anyone who knows the biz knows well enough to stock a good mix of styles and prices, to allow all customers to buy. And hey, considering how much we buy on sale, they'd go out of business if they only stocked high-concept designers!

baklanyc said:
With more mainstream brands that are beneath your radar! :wink: Lots of Trovata, Rogan, Duffer and Helmut Lang's more casual styles in the 'Downtown' store (which originally stocked Cloak) as well as Etro, Helmut Lang, Marc Jacobs, Paul Smith, Pringle and Michael Kors in the 'Uptown' store (I love how one is uptown and one is downtown when they're two doors away from each other!). I often take friends there because they have a nice mix of product, and one can always find something interesting and new (they also stock a lot of unknown italian brands that are very high quality). What's nice about them is that they are old enough to have some prestige as a store, and they explore emerging brands quickly. They're one of the first to have stocked Cloak, as well as Belfast, in the city. They may not buy a lot, but they buy first. The buyer actually has his own line, Antonio Branco, in the store, and he's got a good eye.

It's not the same level as the designer-y stuff that we tend to glorify here on TFS, but anyone who knows the biz knows well enough to stock a good mix of styles and prices, to allow all customers to buy. And hey, considering how much we buy on sale, they'd go out of business if they only stocked high-concept designers!

My line of thought was that you can buy a lot of that stuff (like basic Helmut Lang, Duffers, basic Burberry) in Century. Do they have loyal clientelle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->