Cloak Menswear Fall 05 NYC

I just confirmed it - the cut IS more generous this season. I looked at some of my Cloak pieces from FW04, tried them on, and with just a simple tee underneath, they fit me well - and they're all labelled Medium. Shoppers be advised.

baklanyc said:
I just confirmed it - the cut IS more generous this season. I looked at some of my Cloak pieces from FW04, tried them on, and with just a simple tee underneath, they fit me well - and they're all labelled Medium. Shoppers be advised.

Thanks for the update bakla! I'll go to my stockist and see if they got anything yet...

baklanyc said:
Opening Ceremony has a few new items and a rack of the first Cloak deliveries, but I'm not loving much like I did last Fall. But the new Cloak store opens in two weeks on Grand & Greene, I was told. Maybe there will be more things to fall for there...

10 Greene St, August 15th. Wanna go? :D

faust said:
10 Greene St, August 15th. Wanna go? :D
Sure - Seven New York is supposed to open around that time too! I
m much more excited about Raf this season...

baklanyc said:
Sure - Seven New York is supposed to open around that time too! I
m much more excited about Raf this season...

I know you are :flower: . Cool, sounds like a plan.

thanks for the update bakla.

in case anyone didn't get a chance to see this, here's a scan of the Cloak spread from July GQ.

anyone see if they have the leather jacket in stock at Opening Ceremony?

I'm so there with you guys...............

.........is seven really going to be open by then? We met a guy, Steve, out last week that works there and he didn't sound so sure of any date..........he wouldn't stop talking about the Raf pants either bakla:flower:

purechris said:
I'm so there with you guys...............

.........is seven really going to be open by then? We met a guy, Steve, out last week that works there and he didn't sound so sure of any date..........he wouldn't stop talking about the Raf pants either bakla:flower:

Cool. Yea, Seven was supposed to open in April :rolleyes: .

amblus said:
thanks for the update bakla.

in case anyone didn't get a chance to see this, here's a scan of the Cloak spread from July GQ.

anyone see if they have the leather jacket in stock at Opening Ceremony?
They had a cotton version of that leather vest in the center, Chris, but no leathers yet. And yeah, the guy I'm chatting with at Seven is quite enthused about those pants too, and he was hoping for a late August opening date for their store. Mayhap I'll have a fight on my hands to get them... although I'm half-hoping they don't look good on me so I won't need to buy them! :lol:

Perhaps I spoke too soon about making a Cloak~Seven trip. But perhaps one store is more than enough for our beleaguered wallets! :P

baklanyc said:
Perhaps I spoke too soon about making a Cloak~Seven trip. But perhaps one store is more than enough for our beleaguered wallets! :P

I am leaving my wallet at home when we go!

baklanyc said:
Opening Ceremony has a few new items and a rack of the first Cloak deliveries, but I'm not loving much like I did last Fall. But the new Cloak store opens in two weeks on Grand & Greene, I was told. Maybe there will be more things to fall for there...

I saw the designs of the store this past weekend, it is going to look really cool--not what you'd expect. Almost all of their F/W product is in, because they did the production in the States, so no problems with delivery this time. The cut is a bit more generous (in the jeans as well, I thought) and there are a LOT of really good pieces, in my opinion--and I saw all of next Spring's collection, and that is looking really sharp as well! Much, much, much better than this Spring--and leather goods as well: boots, shoes, and bags. Very cool. The prices don't seem to have changed too much--leather stuff is around $1500, but the parka with the racoon trim is $1100 I think, and the cotton/wool jackets are $800+. The hooded sweatshirt they did is really excellent. I didn't get prices on everything, because I had other stuff on my mind... like getting my suit!

klm i hope this is the hoodie youre talking about, because i really wanted to pick it up, it looks great.
00210m.jpg

kLm said:
I didn't get prices on everything, because I had other stuff on my mind... like getting my suit!

how'd the suit turn out?

I agree with the hoodie edk, it was the first piece I spotted from the collection that I took a liking too...

it looks nicer on the cloak website, theres actually 2 shades of V shape

ye, it's the velvet purple one I like the look of :smile:

I totally adore the hoodie from their previous A/W 04 collection...

Ok, i'm now back in love with the hoodie I can't have :(

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 6
baklanyc said:
But the new Cloak store opens in two weeks on Grand & Greene, I was told. Maybe there will be more things to fall for there...

where did you hear of this? I hadn't noticed, or maybe I just haven't been shoppin in awhile...hehe

UPDATE: sorry didn't catch the last post about 10 Greene St, August 15th.

Last edited by a moderator:
i_<3_chanel said:
:heart: !
where can i find a selection of boys dressed like this ? :lol:

Come either to Montreal or NY :wink:

Thanks for the pic amblus, I like the styling better in that picture than on the runway, I'm loving that leather jacket and the skinny canvas jeans.

Man, I wish I could take a trip down to the flagship store...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->