Cloak Menswear Fall 05 NYC

faust said:
You are welcome, everyone.
Thanks, faust! :flower: This doesn't look like the stuff Atelier would carry (and probably not), but I do like the progression of design, as faust said. That said, I want the belt everyone else wants, as well as this jacket - I think it'll be really versatile in winter:
00120m.jpg

baklanyc said:
Thanks, faust! :flower: This doesn't look like the stuff Atelier would carry (and probably not), but I do like the progression of design, as faust said. That said, I want the belt everyone else wants, as well as this jacket - I think it'll be really versatile in winter:
00120m.jpg

You are welcome :flower: .
They still might pick up some pieces (the belt, the long knit coat, etc.).

is it coincidental that Dsquared and Cloak both have a blazer with a cross at the corsage spot on the lapel?
Cloak's looks better though hahahah. I look forward to seeing what Louis Boston picks up.

I don't think they've got the s/s 05 stuff in yet....

baklanyc said:
00120m.jpg

what's going on with the arms? what fabric is that? removable?

xcoldricex said:
what's going on with the arms? what fabric is that? removable?
No, that's just a scarf draping on the arms from the epaulets of the jacket.

ok that's what i thought initially, but the guys right arm makes it look like its a pseudo armwarmer.

I really like the chunky knit long sweater look

It's interesting because sweater coats have been a mainstay in womens fashion for years...and primarily considered female only....but this has a really masculine feel to it...i'm surprised that more designers for men haven't embraced this look....however, i think only the super skinny can pull this off, so i will have to pass :angry: there's no way it would look streamlined on someone with a muscular figure.....i'm glad they used a leather belt here instead of a belt made out of the sweater material.....i'd be interested to see what the material is...hopefully a mercerized wool or cotton (no lambswool, or anything) so it can stand the test of time......

Last edited by a moderator:
Theory said:
I really like the chunky knit long sweater look

It's interesting because sweater coats have been a mainstay in womens fashion for years...and primarily considered female only....but this has a really masculine feel to it...i'm surprised that more designers for men haven't embraced this look....however, i think only the super skinny can pull this off, so i will have to pass :angry: there's no way it would look streamlined on someone with a muscular figure.....i'm glad they used a leather belt here instead of a belt made out of the sweater material.....i'd be interested to see what the material is...hopefully a mercerized wool or cotton (no lambswool, or anything) so it can stand the test of time......
In recent collections I've seen them use a combination wool, acrylic and alpaca, which generates a very lofty, soft knit. It must be a trend, because Paul Smith, a completely different designer, is using the exact same combination (and proportion - 45%, 30% & 25% respectively) for scarves as well (perhaps they use the same mill?). However, I'm finding that this will pill regardless, as my Cloak sweater is starting to do. Hopefully they may have noticed that and improved it, although I have to say, I wore my Cloak pullover during fashion week and got stopped/photographed 5 or 6 times because of it.

And if you're muscular, you should give it a try anyway - the knit tends to be fuller around hem, but a sturdier shoulder/chest frame should offset that nicely. Plus Cloak 'cuts' a very slim sweater, so It may look better than you imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
The turquoise cardigan is a must and I like some of the jackets but apart from that I’m not too excited about this...

I am new to this brand, but I really like the style of it. How is the pricing of it? Coming primarly from Dior Homme I wouldn't suffer from finding a cheaper brand to invest in.

Can anyone post me a link to the S/S 05 collection please?

Waldner said:
I am new to this brand, but I really like the style of it. How is the pricing of it? Coming primarly from Dior Homme I wouldn't suffer from finding a cheaper brand to invest in.

Can anyone post me a link to the S/S 05 collection please?
Here is a link to the S/S 05 collection

http://www.firstview.com/WRTWspring2005/CLOAK/index.html

The prices are definitely more reasonable than Dior Homme, but the distribution of Cloak in Europe is unfortunately still quite limited.

You can also take a look at [url="http://www.cloakdesign.com/"]http://www.cloakdesign.com/[/url]

The pics from the F/W 05-06 collection are now up an accompanied by brief descriptions of the items.

Thanks for the review...I wouldn't mind the alpaca in the blend because that already has a naturally fuzzyish look to it....and its very soft...I agree....but acrylic and regular wool are a big no-no, even for a blend with this type of piece..it will wear horribl..plus this isn't a typical sweater, but outerwear, so it will be worn more and have to be more durable than the average sweater you may wear every 2-3 weeks........mercerized wool is the only way to go with these types of pieces, otherwise major pilling will occur...I'm guessing this is about $800 or so and I too, hope they have refined the production technique....

baklanyc said:
In recent collections I've seen them use a combination wool, acrylic and alpaca, which generates a very lofty, soft knit. It must be a trend, because Paul Smith, a completely different designer, is using the exact same combination (and proportion - 45%, 30% & 25% respectively) for scarves as well (perhaps they use the same mill?). However, I'm finding that this will pill regardless, as my Cloak sweater is starting to do. Hopefully they may have noticed that and improved it, although I have to say, I wore my Cloak pullover during fashion week and got stopped/photographed 5 or 6 times because of it.

And if you're muscular, you should give it a try anyway - the knit tends to be fuller around hem, but a sturdier shoulder/chest frame should offset that nicely. Plus Cloak 'cuts' a very slim sweater, so It may look better than you imagine.

Theory said:
Thanks for the review...I wouldn't mind the alpaca in the blend because that already has a naturally fuzzyish look to it....and its very soft...I agree....but acrylic and regular wool are a big no-no, even for a blend with this type of piece..it will wear horribl..plus this isn't a typical sweater, but outerwear, so it will be worn more and have to be more durable than the average sweater you may wear every 2-3 weeks........mercerized wool is the only way to go with these types of pieces, otherwise major pilling will occur...I'm guessing this is about $800 or so and I too, hope they have refined the production technique....

It might be as little as $600 ("little" being a relative term here), but yea, I wear my cardigan version of bakla's sweater carefully.

Welcome back, Theory.

macchiom said:
Here is a link to the S/S 05 collection

http://www.firstview.com/WRTWspring2005/CLOAK/index.html

The prices are definitely more reasonable than Dior Homme, but the distribution of Cloak in Europe is unfortunately still quite limited.

You can also take a look at http://www.cloakdesign.com/http://www.cloakdesign.com/

The pics from the F/W 05-06 collection are now up an accompanied by brief descriptions of the items.

Thank you macchiom. Actually I am moving to Osaka within two weeks. From there I will have access to Kyoto, Osaka and Kobe withing 20-40 minutes which means I will have access to alot of brands and shops.
Does anyone know of any shop carrying Cloak in Kansai area/Japan?

Waldner said:
Thank you macchiom. Actually I am moving to Osaka within two weeks. From there I will have access to Kyoto, Osaka and Kobe withing 20-40 minutes which means I will have access to alot of brands and shops.
Does anyone know of any shop carrying Cloak in Kansai area/Japan?

there's a list of stockists in tokyo on their site: http://cloakdesign.com/clothiers.html

DO you remember the address at hintmag.com
where on macromedia flash file was presented a photo session with cloak,dior homme raf simons cloths and accessoires...
please,I am not able to find this file!!!

Whimsicalist said:
DO you remember the address at hintmag.com
where on macromedia flash file was presented a photo session with cloak,dior homme raf simons cloths and accessoires...
please,I am not able to find this file!!!

It's in their "Archives" section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->