Coco Butter

BabyJ

Reaction score
What an amazing product.

I have usually stuck to items containing coco butter and I never really liked them. Yesterday while I was out shopping I picked up pure coco butter. I love it.

The smell is great, my skin is so smooth. The only downside is I feel a bit greasy!

Cocoa butter, the real one, that comes in chunks, that actually "melts" on your hands, it's amazing for skin scars, acne, and spots...I've been using it for a while, and it's amazingly not greasy at all, and it moisturizes elbows, legs, heels (not high heels :lol: ) and your face.. But it's really different than the cocoa butter that you buy at drug stores...health stores carries them all around.

Alejandro,

I too bought the pure one. It comes in a nice jar and its a bit rough, the minute it gets into the palm of your hands it begins to melt. I love the feel of it. And when I read about its Vit E I smiled. I had surgery and have a huge scar down the middle of my chest so I'm assuming it will help minimize that!

Definitely. I used to underestimate the power of real Cocoa Butter, until I started using it :heart:

I love the smell of it.

I use it for moisturizer in the wintertime. In the summer my skin takes care of itself pretty well; I use a light aloe-and-glycerine gel, but in the winter, I have to break out the big guns.

A tiny dab of it does seem to help fade acne scars, too.

hmm i think i will get some :P ive never tried the solid real coco butter

what does it smell like though?

i dont like the smell of the lotion/creme kind :yuk:

Make sure you don't buy Palmer's Cocoa Butter. It isn't real.

I prefer African shea butter myself.

Cocoa Butter smells like chocolate.

I use the Queen Helene brand. It comes in a big tube kind of like a chapstick, only bigger. One tube costs like $2 and lasts for ages and ages and ages.

okay so I can find this cocoa butter at a health food store? Also does it makes your skin greasy? Cause I've used some moisterizers before and they make my face break out cause of the oil.. I use Mango butter on my legs, etc.. and I love the way it smells!

I found the Coco Butter in my local pharmacy but it was in the "African Health Section". Makes me wonder why. I looked for it under the body creams section and found nothing, but when I went to the area that sells the jerri curl and reverse perm for african hair, it was there.

I find the scent of it just wonderful. Its a nice smell, like the Carribiean.

I looove coco butter. awesome stuff.

anyone ever tried mango butter? its just coco butter with mango scent and oil I think, but its awesome too.

I love cocoa butter, I used Queen Helene as well, but after a while of just SITTING it gets runny. :smile:

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Aug 13 2004, 04:00 AM
I looove coco butter. awesome stuff.

anyone ever tried mango butter? its just coco butter with mango scent and oil I think, but its awesome too.
[snapback]330558[/snapback]​
Yes I have and use the mango butter when I get out of the shower cause you're suppose to put it on when your skin is moist/damp

i just bought some this morning :lol: it does smell like chocalat !

it makes my arms and legs shiny w/out being too oily....i like it!

thanks guys !

I know, it looks awesome to go out, on shouders, chest...u know, the points :lol:

I use a big chapstick like tube of cocoa butter on my lips....it makes them so soft but my friends tease me saying that it's a gluestick (due to it's big size).

I might stop by my health food store to get some real cocoa butter after reading these reviews!

Originally posted by Alejandro@Aug 12 2004, 01:12 PM
and it moisturizes elbows, legs, heels (not high heels :lol: ) and your face..
[snapback]329753[/snapback]​

:lol: :lol:
who knows, some people may find it "amazing" for high heels :innocent:

hey there!
I have some spots on my chin and on my cheek, Alejandro you said that it helps. but where can I buy the REAL one??
bodyshop, maybe?

Anna

Originally posted by fairy@Aug 19 2004, 08:31 AM
hey there!
I have some spots on my chin and on my cheek, Alejandro you said that it helps. but where can I buy the REAL one??
bodyshop, maybe?

Anna
[snapback]338335[/snapback]​

Anna,

You can buy the real coco butter in most pharmacies. Make sure that the one you choose isn't a CREAM but rather actual butter. Mine comes in a tub as opposed to a tube, its not exactly portable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->