Comme des Garçons F/W 09.10 Paris

The Gap is wearable.

Yes, it certainly is - although I have to admit, I've never bought anything from the Gap, personally. :smile:

But, I'm not trying to compare this with high street (main street) fashion, mikka.

I just think, if you asked most ordinary people (or even most people in the fashion world), if they were honest, they would say that they thought that many, if not most, other R-T-W clothes were more 'wearable' than most CDG designs.

That's not, necessarily, a criticism, though; merely an observation.

I don't really understand why it would be viewed as a negative by some CDG fans?

Surely, one of the main reasons one would like CDG, would be because it's conceptual, rather than 'wearable'? So why not 'own' one's own taste with pride, instead of trying to convince us non-fans that we just don't 'get it'?

BTW, did you mention The Gap because Phoebe Philo designed for them? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
colette has some of the pieces. here are a few. :wub:

colette.fr

Attachments

• cdgfw01.jpg
    cdgfw01.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 10
  • cdgfw02.jpg
    cdgfw02.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 8
  • cdgfw03.jpg
    cdgfw03.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 8
  • cdgfw04.jpg
    cdgfw04.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 9
thanks for the pics, Inaya. :flower:

I saw first shipment of the collection at the NY store a few days ago and it's loooooovely and so "wearable." :P

i'd love to have the half-chiffon jacket :heart: thanks for posting inaya
i couldn't find them on their site boutique though.. maybe it's in their blog ?:ninja:

^ no prob, I am obsessed haha :kiss:

nope they're in the site itself, but I know what you mean, their search function isn't very accurate sometmes. here is the link for the jacket :flower:

^ no prob, I am obsessed haha :kiss:

nope they're in the site itself, but I know what you mean, their search function isn't very accurate sometmes. here is the link for the jacket :flower:
thanks again :blush: yeah it's a little tricky for me to navigate

the different angle shots are really wonderful
i like the back.. with all the fabric floating

i guess if i don't catch the collection this round, i have to go to Ebay or something...
if they only reproduce the collection once.
there's also this vest with the same idea with tulle that i'd like...

i agree with the obsession ^^ the treatment of the clothes and colours, i imagine they'd suit me really well even:ninja: :heart:

theres a picture of the cdg space in doverstreetmarket:

spacecdgk.jpg

picture from doverstreetmarket.com

can't wait to see the wool capes and other pieces!

OMG!! :buzz:

I NEED those jackets...heck...i need this entire collection!!!

thank you for posting this. went right to it and watched. the video emphasizes the wonderment of this season. love that it is in the round. what is the music in the end segment?

you are welcome.
do you mean the song 'mad world'? it is by the singer gary jules (a cover of the tears for fears song).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->