Comme Des Garcons - Guerrilla Stores

*EllaH said:
Yeah it's in Katajanokka I think, have you been there? What did you think? I've been meaning to go for a while but can never make the time to go and see what they have.

yep, the address is kruunuvuorenkatu 1, katajanokka. the shop's great and they're reopening after a small break in september in a new location

i think the official distributor is PAGEONE. 'cause all i know is kinokuniya rents out a department to PAGEONE and that is why they have the art, design related books in.

déjàvu said:
you can find the guerrillazine in every guerrilla store,and it's published every six months.
you can see something more on www.workwerk.com
bye

Last edited by a moderator:
tuomas said:
stephan schneider had a temporary shop selling current and vintage collections in london's notting hill last year

thanks tuomas! I must go and see this one next week... as planed to visit Dover street CDG store in London. Recently i am also doing some research on store design/environment of designer's brands. Like Red house of CDG in Paris, Architecture work for Prada Epicenter in Tokyo, Frank Gehry's sculpture pieces in Issey Miyake's New york store... Sometime, I just find shopping isn't just for designer's clothes, also it is sth of gallery visiting, an experience, an inspiration.(Well I don't know if it's really sth fancy for fashionista:question: )

Yes it is, at least for me:-P Please write more. Maybe it deserves its own thread?

I remember there is a long "essey" about CdG Red and CdG Parfums in the net in french. I can't remember the link but I will try to look for it in my "book":-), if you are interested.

There are also alot of info here in tFS about other Comme shops, in Tokyo and NY.

As far as I remember Target (no idea who they are:-) also has guerrilla stores. Also Nike or a american brand has had temp. stores as well, but no one makes it at the scale like Comme.

seni said:
thanks tuomas! I must go and see this one next week... as planed to visit Dover street CDG store in London. Recently i am also doing some research on store design/environment of designer's brands. Like Red house of CDG in Paris, Architecture work for Prada Epicenter in Tokyo, Frank Gehry's sculpture pieces in Issey Miyake's New york store... Sometime, I just find shopping isn't just for designer's clothes, also it is sth of gallery visiting, an experience, an inspiration.(Well I don't know if it's really sth fancy for fashionista:question: )

As I'm writing on retail as well,cuould you send me something about cds red house?
Let me know if u need something as well,I have a lotof articles and photos...
In september I'm going to Dover streer market too...maybe we can help each other!?

nqth said:
Yes it is, at least for me:-P Please write more. Maybe it deserves its own thread?

I remember there is a long "essey" about CdG Red and CdG Parfums in the net in french. I can't remember the link but I will try to look for it in my "book":-), if you are interested.

There are also alot of info here in tFS about other Comme shops, in Tokyo and NY.

As far as I remember Target (no idea who they are:-) also has guerrilla stores. Also Nike or a american brand has had temp. stores as well, but no one makes it at the scale like Comme.

:clap: thanks for prompt response! so it won't sound too weird talking here. Before i can share sth from your 'book', can I introduce another one i find interesting during my research? it is called The New Boutique http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1858942578/qid=1123524405/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl14/002-6560910-1584068?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

But among all designer's devoting in store architecture, I feel, CDG is so creative, originative... The Red house in Paris is such an conceptual creation. No window display, obscure way-in ( I can't remember sb is mentioning it in this thread or another? sorry) and I did feel "Red is as strong as black' (Quote the Designer saying) when I visting this store... This shop seems just a seamless fit between gallery and fashion space, upstaging her fashion designs. But the designer just suddenly turned to 'guerrila' store idea. it may not sth of architecture, a bit of interior, but more about location. Location and this idea is just so 'Kawakoboo' style, authentic!? I've just been CDG HK shop, will visit its Dover street one, not yet others. But got chances to share some pictures of CDG guerrilla stores in this web (thanks for those contributions!) Maybe they can tell more about their experiences to visiting these stores, environment, interior designs...

Last edited by a moderator:
seni said:
:clap: thanks for prompt response! so it won't sound too weird talking here. Before i can share sth from your 'book', can I introduce another one i find interesting during my research? it is called The New Boutique http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1858942578/qid=1123524405/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl14/002-6560910-1584068?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

But among all designer's devoting in store architecture, I feel, CDG is so creative, originative... The Red house in Paris is such an conceptual creation. No window display, obscure way-in ( I can't remember sb is mentioning it in this thread or another? sorry) and I did feel "Red is as strong as black' (Quote the Designer saying) when I visting this store... This shop seems just a seamless fit between gallery and fashion space, upstaging her fashion designs. But the designer just suddenly turned to 'guerrila' store idea. it may not sth of architecture, a bit of interior, but more about location. Location and this idea is just so 'Kawakoboo' style, authentic!? I've just been CDG HK shop, will visit its Dover street one, not yet others. But got chances to share some pictures of CDG guerrilla stores in this web (thanks for those contributions!) Maybe they can tell more about their experiences to visiting these stores, environment, interior designs...

Thanks for the link to the book. Now I know what to do on my lunch break tomorrow.

déjàvu said:
As I'm writing on retail as well,cuould you send me something about cds red house?
Let me know if u need something as well,I have a lotof articles and photos...
In september I'm going to Dover streer market too...maybe we can help each other!?

Sure, I can post some pictures here tomorrow sometime and the book before I mentioned also give several pages space of this red house. have u tried the web www.hintmag.com? there r also sth about CDG.? so ur writing is about CDG or retail in fashion or in general? (Do u think we can talk about our researches here or somewhere else?)
By the way, could you share some of ur own experience shopping in CDG guerrilla in Berlin? Like how u feel their store, environment, 'streetscape', store staff, display? Can u find anything from this season? or just old stuff? price? any other brands there? sorry too many ???:P

seni said:
Sure, I can post some pictures here tomorrow sometime and the book before I mentioned also give several pages space of this red house. have u tried the web www.hintmag.com? there r also sth about CDG.? so ur writing is about CDG or retail in fashion or in general? (Do u think we can talk about our researches here or somewhere else?)
By the way, could you share some of ur own experience shopping in CDG guerrilla in Berlin? Like how u feel their store, environment, 'streetscape', store staff, display? Can u find anything from this season? or just old stuff? price? any other brands there? sorry too many ???:P

thanks for both the name of the book and the link
ok tomorrow we'll share our info!

Thanks NQTH for the link! very tempting visuals for me to goin further this french literature (sorry for my poor french launguage)! Also a lot of help for my research.Thanks! Also I think there are many other fashion architecture/store designs can be discussed? like issey miyakee, prada, Mandarina Duck, Helmut Lang, Y's, OKi-ni; But the way, see the locations of alexander McQueen flagship store in NY; it is in meatpacking street! (I will move this to anew thread...)

Dejava: NQTH got a great prictures and link! Helpful to you?! What I can find is basically in that Neil Bingham's book.

You are welcome:-)

My french is poorer than non (I use automatic translation:-P)

Warsaw will be reoccupied, too:-) The store will move to a new location in September, closer to the center but still very hidden.

nqth - you are so lucky - wish they'd get one here!

yes i suppose we do nqth but flights to London from here are nearly always prohibitively expensive.

nqth said:
Warsaw will be reoccupied, too:-) The store will move to a new location in September, closer to the center but still very hidden.

That's good to hear nqth. The guerrilla concept seems to be taking off quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->