Comme Des Garcons - Guerrilla Stores

These jkts with patchwork front and, which are made from boiled polyester are just superb.

[my picture]

Last edited by a moderator:
^how do they feel? i usually detest any synthetic fabric but boiled would make polyester feel soft,no?

but it looks brill,this guerilla! :woot: i love the nonchalance of those dressers....as if somebody just moved into their new flat or something. and,i simply must highlight the stack of mags in that first image....dik fagazine....is this BUTT's competition?? hilarious title...haha!

Scott, it shines like a fabric from metal fibres under a right (side) light, slightly distressed wool with normal light:-P, and has a very dry feel. I think Helena described this b4, saying that this is Rei's fav. fabric.

Sorry for OT: DIK Fagazine (what a name) is a polish mag. The guy who makes it is a graphic designer. He runs a small shop in Paris with clothes from polish designers.

dry? oh,that doesn't sound too lovely. egads,i love rei but some of her material compositions don't seem too,how do you say,comfortable....dry sounds very itchy and scratchy to me.....like a wool dish pad :ninja:

It's very comfortable Scott, esp. when the weather is cooler (like now). I guess bc it is boiled and washed.

I just heard that there is gonna be a new guerilla store opened for 2 months in The Hague, The Netherlands

1182331593.11012.jpg

http://www.guerrilla-store.nl/

any one has pics of the new hong kong CDG shop ?....for a full scale cdg shop there dont seem to be much written about it .not even the address in the doverstreetmarket website's contact list . what gives ?? !!

I like their guerilla shops..; and all the ephemere concept blablabla...
but isn't it the most snobish thing.... I mean selling a 100€ tshirt in a squat lookalike space is imo the most snobish thing, i've ever seen...
the display is even snobish...
by the way, I like a lot DIK Fagazine...
but I guess fashion people just love this... by the way, I do, too...
and I prefer this to a Prada Megastore.... I guess Miuccia wish she had the ideaa first...

it reminds a lot of Volume! Fundation in Roma, too...

{volume!}

berlin rocks

it may seem that CDG thuoght about the idea of a guerrilla store first ..but that wasnt the case......the concept was known as POP UP stores when ther were done in the usa by some retailers to test their products.....and of course these kind of strores are a dime or dozen in countries like thailand and vietnam and china ...where any space is turn into a store.....

BUT it was cdg who fine tuned it and selling exhobitant prices for the items in such spaces....read run down ......but its a very cdg sensability.

polyester sucks

Scott, it shines like a fabric from metal fibres under a right (side) light, slightly distressed wool with normal light:-P, and has a very dry feel. I think Helena described this b4, saying that this is Rei's fav. fabric.

lets be real.........synthetic fabric is horrible and its cheap ......utilitarian and a rip off at thoose prices.......i for one will never buy anything synthetic boiled or microwaved .........and no matter how much hype there is ..eg "rei's favourite fabric "......its poly ester.....yucks !!......i feel itchy already !!!! not to mention the the static when you travel !!!!

:ninja::angry::sick:

^^yes it was CdG which is an established fashion house that decided to do it first, and it's also how they do it (the world's scale, the specific requirement about the place, the collaboration with "local" ppl...) that makes the idea so exciting.

^it's up to one's liking.

Last edited by a moderator:
its clever marketing ......but i wonder if the GS stores do well comercially at all ?.....at the end of the day ....that is what counts .....

lets be real.........synthetic fabric is horrible and its cheap ......utilitarian and a rip off at thoose prices.......i for one will never buy anything synthetic boiled or microwaved .........and no matter how much hype there is ..eg "rei's favourite fabric "......its poly ester.....yucks !!......i feel itchy already !!!! not to mention the the static when you travel !!!!

:ninja::angry::sick:

Are you insane?!!??!?! Synthetic fabrics are not cheap at all, it depends the quality as in all fabrics. But in genreal synthetic fabrcis are not cheap nad they last longer than the organic ones.

Are you insane?!!??!?! Synthetic fabrics are not cheap at all, it depends the quality as in all fabrics. But in genreal synthetic fabrcis are not cheap nad they last longer than the organic ones.

it not cheap now ...for sure ....after all the hype thats has surround it ......thanks to clever and ingenenous marketing efforts ...and eso so when petroleum prices are so high now !!!.........but when i say cheap .....it does look and feel cheap and not at all good on the skin ......give me 100% cotton anyday ..... .you must agree that at least cotton dist=integrate and more envirometally friendly ...at least organic cotton is ......natural is supreme,period.

yea gurrilla boy ...where have you been hiding ??.....welcome back...any news? about any thing on the world of CDG ?:flower::D:heart:

^^ Nqth!!! It's good to be back! By the way your blog rocks! My favourite one, full of CDG! :-)))))

Well Bearbrick I was busy for a couple of months, but now I am back...I see some new Guerrilla Stores in the horizon so stay tuned!

Concerning the synthetic fabrics, I have a polyester trouser CDG HOMME PLUS from SS06 (Rolling Stones Collection for those you don't remember) which is amazing, better than cotton, belive me! But this doesn't that I don't like cotton or wool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valeriolo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->