Cory Kennedy

I wish I was that cool when I was 16...

She should write a book on all the places and things she's seen and done..

She's really cute. That D&G pic is fantastic, but I wasn't aware she's going pro already(?)!

cory4bwtw0.jpg

1334318529lkj6.jpg

(nylon's myspace)

ahh yes, cory kennedy. i've seen her several times and at first i really thought she was like attempting like the whole mary kate hobo 2nd day look or whatever to be "cool" but she's really herself. I've never talked to her or anything but she seems like a nice girl, with a free spirited attitude (and she's not as wild as people make her to be).

Her style is typically what i'd never have the balls to wear, though I like some of the things she wears, she throws vintage and designer pieces very well.

Who is she and what does she do? what is the source of her wealth? she has very cute style and I (surprisingl) love her hair.

i'm wondering what this girl has done....
especially to fill a book...??
where are her parents when she's lying around in all these photos smoking and looking completely out of it...??

i think her parents run some sort of school for disable children...??maybe?? Anyway, I am pretty sure they support her shopping habits.

She is(or was?) dating the guy that does cobrasnake, so she is always in the pictures. She goes to all the 'cool' parties and meets celebs.

I like her style, but she is another person 'famouse' just 'because'

i think I read in some article that when she is done with high school she is going into fashion.

I think the D&G shoot styling and makeup was done badly. It could of have looked better.

from papermagblogs:
Cory Kennedy - A Short And Sweet Lil' Interview

Posted Oct 27, 2006, 11:30 AM ET by Shanon Kelley
Filed under: NY Doll
Cory Kennedy. This young sprite of a teenager has been the talk of the town (and we know how the town likes to talk). She who was once the Cobrasnake's muse is now the girl that everyone loves to hate. But why? Because she's built up a cult following for doing practically nothing but party and look fabulous? That's not such an easy feat, kiddies. Especially when you're still in high school. Or maybe it's because she hangs out with underground notorieties such as Vincent Gallo and Sean Lennon? OR MAYBE it's because she calls Steve Aoki and Pat O'Dell (the photo editor of Vice) her "adopted older brothers?" OR WAIT, perhaps it's because she's the face of the new D&G Campaign (pictured here)? In any event, I can't figure it out. People love to hate on other people though, and it's exactly this sort of gossip and backlash that's enabled Cory to rise ever higher up the totem pole of celebrity. Personally, I think she's a-ok (I mean, the girl is super friendly and she loves the Blood Brothers!) and she was kind enough to answer a few questions that we over here at PAPERMAG HQ were just dying to ask.

NY Doll - Where are you from?

CK - I'm from L.A.

NY Doll - Where you always a party girl?

CK - As for being a party girl, I blame my mother for playing Madonna at the dinner table growing up, and my interest in fashion I just naturally became passionate about. I have three sisters, one of which is my twin. Betchya didn't know that!

NY Doll - Woah! Identical twins? Are you close?

CK - Fraternal actually... not very close though.

NY Doll - How did you meet Mark (aka The Cobrasnake)?

CK - I met Mark at a Blood Brothers concert when I was in 9th grade

NY Doll - Where do you live now?

CK - I live in Santa Monica, 19 blocks away from Nate (*side note: NY Doll has no idea who Nate is)

NY Doll - How do you get into so many parties since you're underage?

CK - What are you trying to blow my cover?!?!

NY Doll - Are you feeling a Cory Kennedy backlash?

CK - Of course, when you start ending up in magazines when you're 16, some people are going to be jealous and weird towards you, but I just focus on the positive in life.

NY Doll - Do you go to high school?

CK - Yep, I go to high school like everybody else.

NY Doll - Does your party life cramp your style?

CK - Cramp my style I woudn't say, it's definitely a major part of my life right now, but it's not just for parties it's for fashion, experience, people, places, things, music. I learn so much about life by going out.

NY Doll - Do you still talk to Mark?

CK - When he's lucky...

NY Doll - What's up with you and Vincent? How do you feel about all of this gossip? I thought the Page Six quote from him was pretty hysterical.

CK - People gossiping about you is always flattering no matter what, to a certain degree, ha... People have no idea what the actual reality of my life is like. And yes, I think my Dad is funny also.

from laweekly.com:
Cory's World

By CAROLINE RYDER
Wednesday, August 2, 2006 - 3:00 pm
2helmio.jpg

Cory Kennedy: Latter-day Bianca (Photo by Cobrasnake)
Cory Kennedy, ubiquitous club urchin and object of desire for fashion-mag hags everywhere, is hanging with her buddies after The Like show at MoCA. One of them is designer Jeremy Scott. “Cory’s the It Girl!” he announces. Then, pointing to her boyfriend, nightlife photographer Mark “The Cobrasnake” Hunter, he adds, “She’s always being hounded by the paparazzi!” Giggles all ’round.

A blonde girl is hanging out with them, and I ask how she knows Cory. “I just met her tonight,” she drawls. “We’re really close now.” She turns to Cory and asks how it feels to be a celebrity. Cory brushes a tendril of matted brown hair from her eyes and pauses. “I don’t really think about it.”

Away from the group, we sit facing each other, cross-legged on the edge of the MoCA fountain. The New York Times interviewed Cory the other week. It must have been kinda surreal, I suggest, especially because she’s only 16.

“I can’t even grasp it yet,” she says, all big eyes and spindly legs, like a foal. She tells me they asked her about her childhood, her fashion sense and the controversial nature of being her.

Controversial?

“I think that’s why I’ve gotten so much attention, because I’m so controversial,” she explains. “People either love me, or they hate me, hate me, hate me.”

She twiddles a ’90s-rapper-style gold chain, which she wears over a Marc Jacobs T-shirt dress, worn backward. A metallic American Apparel boob tube glimmers beneath the giant armholes. A Marc Jacobs scarf is tied around her right bicep and her flat gladiator sandals — Salvation Army, $4.50 — are falling apart. One is held together by a hair band.

Why does she think people hate her?

“Maybe it’s ’cause most celebrities are, like, perfect,” she ventures. “They have their hair brushed and their makeup done and no bruises on their legs . . . and I’m like BLEURRRRGH!”

Then there are those who hate on her for being, as Gawker.com put it, “a malnourished teenager who dresses like she raided her ******** grandma’s basement and does nothing with her wasted life but pose for pictures on a Web site and hang out and live off her parents while waiting to get famous for some as-yet-unrevealed talent.” Ouch.

Either way, Cory’s life has changed dramatically ever since The Cobrasnake made her his intern and splashed photos of her all over his Web site. A latter-day Bianca Jagger in ballet flats, she’s the one with the messy long brown hair, the crooked smile and the glass of white wine perpetually in hand. Now she gets MySpace messages from admirers all over the world, and fashion bloggers in Europe, Australia and South America have been asking “Who is Cory Kennedy?”

Apparently, the worldwide Cory craze started in the Netherlands.

“They were the first international place that started giving me attention,” Cory says. “Then it went to Spain, and then London, and blah blah blah . . . and Australia kinda came last, and Canada’s chillin’.”

People usually ask her about her age, and her clothes. She says her biggest fashion inspirations are Jean-Luc Godard’s À Bout de Souffle, the 1920s through the ’40s, Twiggy, Edie Sedgwick and Kurt Cobain. She loves to mix vintage with designer, and lists her favorites: Chanel, Oscar de la Renta, Marni, Jeremy Scott, Isabel Marant, André Courrèges, Obesity & Speed, Pierre Cardin, Tsumori Chisato and Mary Ping.

She tells me she’s especially excited to be working with Jeremy Scott on his next collection. “I bring him stuff and say, ‘Look at this!’”

I wonder where Cory gets the money to buy designer clothes. “My parents are good to me,” she says, adding, “But I’m good to them.”

She lives in Santa Monica and has a twin sister (not identical) who doesn’t go out clubbing like she does. She also has two younger sisters, ages 14 and 13. Her folks run education programs for adults who did not complete high school. They don’t want Cory to end up one of their pupils.

She agrees, and plans on getting her high school diploma before pursuing her career, probably in fashion. Her parents are vaguely aware that she has a following, but “they don’t really understand. It’s kind of weird because I say, ‘Yeah, I kinda have some fan sites and stuff,’ and they’re like, ‘That’s cool.’”

Cory’s starting to get fidgety. We wander back into the courtyard, while she tells me about some haters who have been posting mean things about her on livejournal.com. Then she spots Mark and yells his name with extraordinary force for one so petite. He comes over. There’s a party downtown, he says. There’s a possibility it may be lame, and they carefully weigh their options. It’s a tough call — after all, Cory isn’t even supposed to be out. Turns out she’s grounded.

I really hope that title isn't comparing her to Bianca Jagger because she's not even close to the same league as Bianca. And when was the last time anyone took anything Jeremy Scott said seriously? I don't think a lot of these people have any relevance outside of LA but I could be wrong.

Personally, what I don't like is if you aren't a fan of of her or think she's undeserving of celebrity you are instantly labelled as 'jealous'. Why? Because she parties a lot when she's 16? And because she calls Steve Aoki an 'adopted older brother'? I hardly think these are things worthy of being jealous of. Some people are jealous of her, sure, but it doesn't mean everyone who doesn't like her or finds her uninteresting is jealous.

That said I think she photographs better in the cobrasnake/streetstyle photos than in the edits. I find her quite static and same-y in the edits and that she has a lot more movement (both physically and facially) in the streetstyle ones but I'm sure her edits/pro.photos will start looking better soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
she doesn't look like herself in this pic...are you sure it's her?

*See TFS Guidelines, please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->