Could Roberto Cavalli Be Getting a New Designer?

khyrk

Oh Yeah!
Reaction score
With Reuters reporting last night that Roberto Cavalli is in talks with Clessidra, an Italian private equity firm, about selling a majority stake in the company, rumors about the brand's creative direction are also heating up. The firm is said to be getting a 90 percent stake in the label. However, the 74-year-old designer would retain a stake in his namesake house, according to a Clessidra statement, and would help "relaunch and develop" the brand.

Naturally, Gucci-esque speculation is already building about a possible Cavalli successor. Vogue U.K. has a roundup of the rumors: that Peter Dundas, currently at Emilio Pucci, is the leading candidate, with names like Marco Zanini (who recently departed Schiaparelli), Joseph Altuzarra, Blue Farrier (formerly of Issa), and Emilio de la Morena also being tossed around. We've reached out to Cavalli for comment and will update this when we hear back.

nymag

Can people stop trying to make Altuzarra happen everywhere, please and thank you? Of the names in the article, Emilio de la Morena seems like the best alternative. (Of course there's Dundas, but I like him at Pucci, and he's been at Cavalli before.)

Can people stop trying to make Altuzarra happen everywhere, please and thank you? Of the names in the article, Emilio de la Morena seems like the best alternative.

I was thinking the same. UGH, it's tiring.

Weird to see Emilio's name in that list. :blink: He isn't even famous in Spain.

I was thinking the same. UGH, it's tiring.

Weird to see Emilio's name in that list. :blink: He isn't even famous in Spain.

Emilio's shows are relevant in the London calendar. I mostly like his work, though I'm not sure about how his sensibility would translate to a brand such as Cavalli. I'm also not sure about Peter, I fear he would do a Pucci redux.

Something tells me Dundas will end up at Cavalli. I :heart: it, it would suck for Pucci though.

Marios Schwab I could imagine doing something very interesting at Cavalli. It's surely a brand stuck in a rut right now.

There's rumor saying Dundas will be leaving Pucci, but no clues where he's going.

I feel like Dundas would be doing the same thing at Cavalli that he's been doing at Pucci, so I'd prefer him to just stay where he's at. I agree with shanhuq saying that Marios Schwab would be a great choice. What about Barbara Bui? I've always found her to be very underrated. Another great choice would be Haider Ackermann. I know people are tired of hearing his name come up for every house imaginable, but Cavalli is a brand that he could handle, not Gucci.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->